Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Blue Max

brett

My adhd must be kicking in again ;D. Building the Polar Lights 70 Blue Max as part of a facebook group build off. Nothing real fancy, added sparkplug wires and the injectors been drilled for fuel lines but thats about all I plan to add to this one but we"ll see. Not a lot of updates because I didn't really think about taking pics till most of the chassis and motor were done. Still have to put the front end together the rear end on, do the plumbing and wetsand, polish and decal the body.paint is some Dupont custom mixed blue with a little candy blue in the clear coat to darken it up a little.
DSCF8236_zpsfb0f29fd.jpg
DSCF8237_zps0f2a3945.jpg
DSCF8255_zpsbdb5d244.jpg
DSCF8256_zps76c632f8.jpg
DSCF8257_zps57930a30.jpg

thanks guys, appreciate it, well I knew it was gonna happen, the decals are toast. The white stripes four pieces, Blue Max name in three, drivers name in four and this side looks better than the ones on the sheet for the rest of the car, they're cracked to hell. Given them two coats of microscale liquid decal film, hoping to save the gold ones. Scanned the whole sheet before I started so cant print out all the white stripes with black pinstriping, once I get some ink ::)
DSCF8307_zpsd1ec4693.jpg
DSCF8306_zps606df9ae.jpg

So far so good.

And I can relate on the decals issue. seems like the last 5 or 6 cars I've started all had decal issues cracking as soon as I tried to slide them off the carrier sheet. And I think they were all Slixx decals

once I have my current backlog is finished and I start new projects I am going to look into putting something on the sheets before I start

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, printed out the sheet and used the white stripes, a little translucent but liveable , Salvaged in a few pieces the graphics for the other side

DSCF8534_zps78ee6958.jpg

but when I put a light coat of clear on the first side they went all brittle and fell apart :(,

DSCF8536_zps2963d369.jpg

Worried about all my other ones now. Anyways, will try to get them off the car and use my printed ones, the gold Blue Max etc sure isnt gold (inkjet) but they'll have to do. Also had to pull the wiring and injector hat off (swapped for the Hilborn injectors) as they held up the tin work to high. Didnt have that problem on my PL Hawaiian

• 2 weeks later...