Model Cars Magazine Forum

any clubs close to South Dakota?

Darrick, there is a club in Minneapolis but I think there might be some interest around the Mankato area. You'd have to snoop around to find out. The big show in Minneapolis but on by the RPM Modelers is May 20,12. Its called the NNL NORTH and Bill Lindig is a member who could possiby give you information on it. You'd have to google the RPM model club to find out information and contacts. How about starting a club in Sioux Falls? There has to be some modelers there. I know they are car crazy in that city as I've shown there many times over the last 10 yrs.

Thanks for the info Wayne.

I know there used to be a club. I would see flyers posted at the local HobbyTown. They used to met in a church basement. But I haven't seen a flyer in years. Local Hobby Town also used to have a area set aside atleast 1 Saturday a month for model builders to bting in their model and work on it with other modelers. But that also stopped years ago. Maybe I will have to ask next time i am there, which isn't too much because they don't have a big supply of models or accessories like they used to. I get most of my stuff from Hobby Lobby.

I'm not from there but I believe there may be a club in the Rapid City area, there is a well stocked hobby shop there and I've seen ads for an annual model contest.

robw

thanks for the info. too bad is clear on the other side of the state!

Hi Darrick. I used to live there many years ago and I got all my models,paints, and supplies at Donovan's. They carry alot more than scuba gear. Check them out and they may know of any club action or modelers in town. Good hunting. Richard

Hi Darrick. I used to live there many years ago and I got all my models,paints, and supplies at Donovan's. They carry alot more than scuba gear. Check them out and they may know of any club action or modelers in town. Good hunting. Richard

I have frequented Donovan's for years! I love that place! They have a better inventory than Hobby Town and are not as expensive. Next time I am in there i will have to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...