Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to Forum

Hi I am new to this type of thing. I have just taken up model building last year after a 15 year absence. I find it very calming and challanging.

I like 1/24 scale cars, but some of the cars i like are only in 1/25 scale. Is there any noticable difference between these two scales? Is a 1/25 scale mustang going to look to small beside a 1/24 scale mustang?

Thanks

Welcome (from a relative newbie). :angry:

The difference between 1/24 and 1/25 is 4%. Not much, but can be very noticable with the same subject placed next to each other. And, the kit manufactures vary on size as well. Not all the proportion are right on every kit. So even two kits (same subject) in scale X, from different manufactures placed next to each other might look all wonky.

Welcome (from a relative newbie). :angry:

The difference between 1/24 and 1/25 is 4%. Not much, but can be very noticable with the same subject placed next to each other. And, the kit manufactures vary on size as well. Not all the proportion are right on every kit. So even two kits (same subject) in scale X, from different manufactures placed next to each other might look all wonky.

Thanks I am building a revell 302 boss mustang and was wanting to do current generation stang, but from what I can see they are all in 1/25 scale only.

Thanks

Martman

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I don't mind the difference between the two scales but I know modelers that do. Keep in mind that scales are not 100% accurate. I remember measuring a Monogram model years ago and it came out to 1/23 and I won't be surprised if we see models out there in the 1/26 - 1/27 range. A simple trick is to put the 1/25 in front of the 1/24 when together. Or a little space between them and the difference will not be that noticeable.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I don't mind the difference between the two scales but I know modelers that do. Keep in mind that scales are not 100% accurate. I remember measuring a Monogram model years ago and it came out to 1/23 and I won't be surprised if we see models out there in the 1/26 - 1/27 range. A simple trick is to put the 1/25 in front of the 1/24 when together. Or a little space between them and the difference will not be that noticeable.

Thanks,

Thanks corvette guy, I want to do a vette as well mid to late 60s, or a 70 will do. As most of the vetts come in 1/25 scale I will have the two scales to work with.

Thanks

Martman

Welcome, Martman!

I consider myself scale-challenged.

Unless someone points out the differences, I usually can't tell.

I always say, build what you like!

If you build it, they will come!

Send pics along the way.

Enjoy the forum, and don't be afraid to ask any question you may have.

Welcome, Martman!

I consider myself scale-challenged.

Unless someone points out the differences, I usually can't tell.

I always say, build what you like!

If you build it, they will come!

Send pics along the way.

Enjoy the forum, and don't be afraid to ask any question you may have.

Gregg

Thanks, I have taken a long time to complete the two models I have now almost completed. The 70 road runner turned out very well. Working on 70 302 boss currently, since last year but I have lots of hood decal problems with this one. Just going to do my first BMF on this job, never used it so here hopping it works. I will try to post pics once I learn how to do it.

Have a great day.