Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Ok so this mite sound stupid but........when do you know when to stop.... I mean are you planing on going so far as to make a mini "you" that has a little heart that pumps tiny plasma to put in this car so you (or he) can sit in this thing and look cool or do you stop at the point when you sit back and say well that good enough for government work lol. I am in awe with your work and when I grow up I want to have atleast half of ur skills. Cool work man

hey Dereck, I guess I'll stop when I'm happy with it, remember I'm challenging myself so I am going as far as I can to please myself, thanks so much

i have to agree with you man im in a awe state....

thanks Chris

Hi Bill, Well your progress looks fabulous!! The pic with the tires is really cool, you're definitly going to have spool up those turbos to turn those babies :D:D

Randy

Randy,I really appreciate it, I can't wait to spool em up!

x3

Tyrone, thanks man

x4

thank you Jason

X5....Bill... you are one talented builder. Love your work. Man that rear end is nice.

appreciate the encouraging words Chris

small update, I started on the four links, I figured I would get rear end mounted where it belongs so I can start making rear coil overs and get the ride height where I want it, so far I have been mocking every thing up at ride height, hope it all works out! the straight pins you see are going to be used in the final assy. I milled a bolt head on each one, the four bars are aluminum tubing which was drilled and tapped to accept 00-90 brass bolts with a functioning jamb nut that I soldered brass tubing on for the mounts, they are all adjustable like the real thing, still need a rear cross member behind the axle and make and install the pan-hard bar, all so need to attach the rear frame rails permanently. IMG_1430-vi.jpgIMG_1431-vi.jpg

then after I had all four made and installed (which was a pain getting it all in and together) I had to see if it was functioning properly

IMG_1434-vi.jpg <<<<down all the way

IMG_1435-vi.jpg<<<<<< full travel all the way up, seems to work!

thanks for checking in on the progress!!

Edited by vintagedragfan

Awesome stuff Bill, wish i could work with the smaller stuff like that, I have hard enough time in 1/16th.

hey Joe, yea wasn't sure if I could do this in this scale, I hate that it is sooooo tiny! lol thanks bro!

Incredible work Bill... functioning rear suspension...

thank you Rick

I am blown away by the amount of detail going into this keep it up!!!

thanks Jason, keep up the great work on that Cuda!!

Bill, I love this as it's in brass! I wish I could make my stuff from brass like that as i'm still doing all of it in plastic sheets.

Chas, this is all new to me, I am learning as I go, nothing wrong with styrene, this is just some thing I wanted to try, thanks man

Just plain Awesome Bill....Really...

thanks man

good golly, chromoly!!!!! some one stop him before he explodes!! i'll have to agree with tyrone.......just plain awesome bill......really

really appreciate that Dave, you are quite an inspiration for me to try these things, thanks for checking in!

Wow.........

thanks John

Exquisite stuff bro.

thanks so much Brad

Bill... Holy Smokes Bud!! that chassis looks fantastic.... You sure have raised the bar my friend. Nice work. that is gorgeous!!

thanks Chris, it is turning out better than I expected

Bill, the frame looks beautimus. If the brass didn't have the yellow tone, you could easily imagine this this setting out in the garage on jack stands.

Super fine work

Hey Alyn, I sure wish it was about 24 times bigger! all ways appreciate it bro

Wow, just wow...this is gonna look so real once it's painted, are you going to make the coil-over's fully functional too?

yea Mike, I am planning on having a fully functional suspension front and rear, we will see how it goes!

Bill.........STUNNING !!!!!!!!!!..........you work is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!! :)

thanks so much John, truly means a lot my friend

No words to describe

I can think of a few, tedious, time consuming, pain in the .........well you get the idea lol, thanks Joshua