Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Most of you guys have such neat and organized workbenches, makes me feel ashamed to show mine. LOL

Here's mine anyway, I'm scratch building an interior for a 1/18 scale Concept Bronco body for a scaler RC chassis.

DSCN7104.jpg

Here is a closer, minus a few details I added later.

DSCN7092.jpg

Ignore the date on the pics, my kids had the camera, and I just noticed, sorry about that.

This is a great thread and right on time to! Yesterday our snow-storm was coming in and there wasn't much to do. Plus, my Dad gave me a new scanner to try and I had to make room for it. So, I did a complete, and total "winter-cleaning" of my entire workbench. I got rid of a bunch of junk I no longer needed. I reorganized my helicopters, found all my missing screw drivers and managed to rebuild my small Powerbuilt screwdriver set. And, I gathered/seperated all my plastic model kit projects/supplies/material from my RC Dnano and helicopter parts/supplies/material.

Here's how my bench look's now. Naked, and waiting for a project!

Below the bench I have two big plastic bin's. One is full of model kit's, and the other is full of paints and supplies.

DSC09913.jpg

Computer station

DSC09914.jpg

Top of workbench. That helicopter on the black pad is not mine. It belongs to a friends of ours that we're looking at. I'd like to build it my self! :D

DSC09915.jpg

Well mine isn't a Surgical room.

But a bench full of Ideas Fighting to get out.

Saturdaynightworkbench11-20-09.jpg

And i bet your wondering,

WOW, what a mess, what do you build on?

MY kind of place! Looks just like mine AND I know exactly where everything is. There's little enough time to model as it is without dusting bottle caps! :lol:

These are all Looking so cool! I got my man cave painted today and hopefully Ill have help tomorrow so we can get the carpet layed down and start moving things in like the race track and the slot drag track. If Im lucky, next weekend I can work on building a bench. if so, Ill be able to show my virgin work bench! LOL. Jody

Here's the condition of my work bench. The Audi is being worked on. This is the clean section. You don't want to see the other part of my workroom. Pictures taken Sunday morning before being touched.

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

love your room wish i had one like this sadly i moved out of my house and living with the mother in law and my soon to be wife so i have everything in carry-or my mobile tool chest :lol:

You asked for it, alot jammed in a small space but it's where I get it done,,,

ShopPics9-28-2009001.jpg

ShopPics9-28-2009005.jpg

This is where the building goes on,,,working on converting a 61' Impala into a Bel Air, then I am casting it and converting it to a Bel Air post with the porch roof on the back to build up our uncle's drag car the "Shade Tree Special" he has been racing it since 1967, it still holds some IHRA Super Stock 1/I world records ( classes they done away with ) so I guess it always will. This is the first year I have not saw that car go down the track in years, he has cancer. Sad.

ShopPics9-28-2009006.jpg

This is where I do the clayin work for the resin, Thats the 64' Olds & 64' Falcon clayed up and ready to make molds ( they are done now, these pics were taken sat. before last.

ShopPics9-28-2009007.jpg

This is where the resin work is done, have a few more pots I need to get set up,,,,

ShopPics9-28-2009012.jpg

Well thats where I spend most of my time. Hope you enjoy.

i love it just love it

Alright. Almost done with my new man cave and almost done with my new bench. Still have to make a spray booth and a couple things to get mounted to it! Since this pic mid afternoon, I have pulled out my 66 GTO Tin Indian project and getting some future on the body to seal it. Also will be going back over the interior and finishing it off again! LOL. Thanks. Jody

HPIM3009.jpg

Here's my workbench on the last Saturday of November, 2009.

The first car has occupied my time this week. It is an original MPC 1968 Barracuda body from the original "Hemi Under Glass" kit that I am restoring for a friend. It was a promo-style body until I opened up the hood.

100_2512-vi.jpg

It is a decent survivor with all scripts intact, but there was some glue damage that needed attention.

100_2513-vi.jpg

Another area that required attention was the front fender openings. A previous owner had filed back the rear edge of the openings, so I replace the lower fender with a patch panel from the last reissue of the AMT ex-MPC 1969 Barracuda. I still need to replace the missing fender trim. One more addition will be front vent windows as the HUG body was cast without them.

This body just came out of the "purple pond'.

100_2514-vi.jpg

This is an MPC 1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula that I received this week from an Ebay victory. Paid $25 for it. Formerly brush painted Testors gloss black, it has some model glue fingerprints. Nothing that cannot be repaired. The glass was not "hard glued" to the body, only tacked at the rear posts. I have another body just like this one, but the roof needs major work because the builder used a half tube of orange Testors to glue the glass, causing major meltage and warpage. The roof looks like it has double humps!!! I consider this new one a good find.

Finally, my AMT '66 Mercury Cyclone annual is still on the bench, patiently awaiting final assembly.

100_2515-vi.jpg

I've shown you mine, now let's see yours!