#21 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

As far as Chip goes how much pull does the Earnhardt side have? Earnhardt was a big component for Chevy.

Zero, none, nada , Eranhardt is in name only, DEI which Dale Sr built is all but gone, yes the buildings are still there, but thats it, Theresa Eranhardt sold DEI, and I dont think has been seen for a very long time, she took the money and ran sorta speak.

I could be wrong , but thats my understanding on everything, Dale Jr has no ties with anything that was DEI related or Theresa

Kinda....in a way.......
Polar lights was owned by Tom Lowe and was part of his Johnny Lighting group. RC2 bought JL/PL and ran it under RC2......until Tom Lowe Leased AMT/MPC/PL/JL from RC2 and from what I understand he has now bought the assets from RC2 owner Tomy. The circle of life hobby version!

That made my head spin :lol:

#22 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

There's a good reason Theresa Earnhardt has acted the way she has since 2001...but the D sr. fans don't want to hear it, acknowledge or believe it. ;)

Not disagreeing with you, there have been so many rumors about her since well 2001, but I think she is becoming a faded memory to most by now

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Very true John. However, since I walked many a mile on pit roads and infields from 1976 to 1992, I can pretty much tell you which were rumours and which are not. Grant you I did not know the Earnhardt family personally, but I saw and heard enough to know what type of woman she was, as well as what type of man he was. I'll end this by saying only this about Dale and Theresa...it wasn't good. ;)

Oh I know that part of it not being good was true, you could just tell

#24 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I know Jr and Kelly (don't know about the other kids) had a small percentage in DEI that came to them upon Sr's untimely demise. Don't know how that issue was handled when Theresa sold out but last I heard they still held it.

#25 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I know Jr and Kelly (don't know about the other kids) had a small percentage in DEI that came to them upon Sr's untimely demise. Don't know how that issue was handled when Theresa sold out but last I heard they still held it.

The part of DEI that still exist is the merchandise part of it, so that is most likely the part that Dale Jr and Kelly have int erst in, the rest of DEI (the racing part) was merged with Chip Ganassi in 2009.

#26 shafer

shafer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Full Name:clyde w shafer,II

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

http://www.modelroun...ct-p/pl-896.htm

polar lights 69 ford
orders ship on november 20
$22.90
hoping to get one from my family for Christmas

#27 Chas SCR

Chas SCR

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Full Name:Chas Cochran

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

They still todate send the DEI or Chip's cars up to Dale Jrs place on the north side of Moorseville to have them chassis dyno as Chip does not have this at his shop or at the old DEI shop. Was down there this last Jan and seen the rigs in the parking lot having there Daytona cars done there.

#28 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

They still todate send the DEI or Chip's cars up to Dale Jrs place on the north side of Moorseville to have them chassis dyno as Chip does not have this at his shop or at the old DEI shop. Was down there this last Jan and seen the rigs in the parking lot having there Daytona cars done there.

Jr Motorsports has nothing to do with DEI, there are no DEI cars, they are all a part of EGR