Model Cars Magazine Forum

School bus question

Harry, old JW {AKA Jonathan, AKA Martinfan5(5)} is the world's only Mute DJ. :o

We had him spin the Sixties Hits at our Desert Scale Classic 8 After-Event Barbeque.

He's the only Mime-DJ in the world! :P He wouldn't talk and didn't announce any records. :blink:

Guess he saved a lot of money on his portable sound system by not having to buy a microphone! :lol:

Dangest thing I ever saw. But, give him a keyboard ... :rolleyes:

B)

Harry, old JW {AKA Jonathan, AKA Martinfan5(5)} is the world's only Mute DJ. :o

We had him spin the Sixties Hits at our Desert Scale Classic 8 After-Event Barbeque.

He's the only Mime-DJ in the world! :P He wouldn't talk and didn't announce any records. :blink:

Guess he saved a lot of money on his portable sound system by not having to buy a microphone! :lol:

Dangest thing I ever saw. But, give him a keyboard ... :rolleyes:

B)

I would say I will talk alot more this year, but I dont see that we are having a BBQ this year

I did spend money of Mics, I have three of them, and thinking about buying more, I do tend to get a bit of stage fright sometimes,and I dont like to hear my self talk, (sure a lot of others feel the same) I need to get over it real fast before Feb 10th. I dont need a keyboard to talk, you know that for a fact, just dont put a mic in front of my mouth, or if you want to get me to stop talking, do that

I wont go into details, but part of the problem getting feedback through the speakers from the mics

Oh yea, way to be supportive for a fellow club member, I see where I rank on the list now :rolleyes::P

Edited by martinfan5

Wow! This thread surely went down the merry path!

School busses are pretty much used during the school year, so most of that time air conditioning wouldn't be used anyway in most states. So why install a big a/c system for the few weeks at the beginning and end of school year that it would be used?

A bit of air conditioning trivia... I used to work for a pharmaceutical company with manufacturing facilities in Puerto Rico. The only place I ever saw air conditioned dumpsters! Another problem we looked at was the complaint that frogs were getting into the warehouse. I'm picturing those cute little Coqui frogs they put on all the tourist gear. Nope, I was in the warehouse and there was this loud thumping noise. One of the workers went to investigate and brought out a frog the size of a cat! Turns out they were big enough to catch the electric eye that opened the doors for the fork lifts!

The black hoods on school busses is to give the driver better vision with less glare than the bright yellow / orange.

Edited by Tom Geiger

I do want to start drinking whine, but I have no idea where to start

Try roughly eleven years of teaching. You'll drink all the whine you want and then some.

Now, if you want to drink wine, your local adult education programs and night schools at your area vocational schools frequently have wine appreciation nights. Many local packies have them, too.

For the record, the buses around here are still yellow with black accents.

Charlie Larkin

Oh, yes. There will be a barbeque. It's a Desert Scale Classic tradition!

Just a different venue this year.

Relax. Just a little good-natured teasing, you dweeb. :rolleyes:

Cookout at a show?

I'm going to have to make it down there some year. When do you usually have it? Might be a nice long-weekend escape from the cold of the winter here.

Charlie Larkin

Cookout at a show?

I'm going to have to make it down there some year. When do you usually have it? Might be a nice long-weekend escape from the cold of the winter here.

Charlie Larkin

Oh, yeah!

Immediately following the Desert Scale Classic, we have a barbeque for all the participants and attendees, workers, sponsors, and club members. Lots of free food and beverage, GREAT COOK!, music DJ who doesn't talk (World's Only Mime-DJ), and friendship/fellowship. It also coincides with the monthly meeting of the Moonlight Modelers Club, so their club meeting is held at the same time, with all guests welcome. It's quite the relaxing way to wind down the swap meet/contest day!

Everyone's welcome, so c'mon down!

Desert Scale Classic is the third Saturday in April. This year, it is April 20, 2013.

B)

School busses are pretty much used during the school year, so most of that time air conditioning wouldn't be used anyway in most states. So why install a big a/c system for the few weeks at the beginning and end of school year that it would be used?

Bus companies rent out the buses to other groups, not just schools.

Bus companies rent out the buses to other groups, not just schools.

Depends on who owns them... the larger bus companies rent out the more comfortable air conditioned buses. A school bus is darn uncomfortable so not too popular as a rental. Back when I lived in NJ, school buses were used for non-highway, short hops. I had a bus driver who lived across the street and he had one gig that was driving the bus the length of the pier at Earl Naval Depot. Taking personnel back and forth, yea it is a looong pier. He also drove the buses at the Garden State Arts Center during concerts, driving people in and out to the remote parking lots.

A lot of school buses are actually owned by school districts. They aren't set up to rent out buses so most of those sit when not being used for their intended purpose.

krapf99.jpg

Here in PA, this company appears to own nearly every bus in the area! You see their name on all the school buses to luxury tour buses. A good example when it's not good to use your name on your business. I don't think the significance was lost on any school child!

krapf99.jpg

Here in PA, this company appears to own nearly every bus in the area! You see their name on all the school buses to luxury tour buses. A good example when it's not good to use your name on your business. I don't think the significance was lost on any school child!

thats not the name of the company who owns the busses, thats the first thing kids say when they see the bus coming and realize its time for school

pa-dum-pum