Model Cars Magazine Forum

09 #60 Ortho Home Defense C Edwards Nationwide

Mach2

Well, you can almost see the darker red on the sides between the stripes. It's there. I also gave a new detail a shot. BrAkEs20oo9 has a thread with the new for 09 GPS blade antenna, which looks alot like a blade antenna from a supersonic military aircraft.

2009michigan38-1.jpg

Rust-Oleum automotive gray primer, krylon matte aluminmum for a base for the krylon fusion red pepper, then using a template per the WIP thread applied krylon interior/exterior cherry red on the sides. I also trimmed the 05 Taurus A pillar to the straighter/thinner 09 Fusion A pillar as well as trimmed the one piece glass in this area. Rear quarter windows are made from clear plastic, the black is sharpie from the back side, drilled into the black area with a .020" drill bit to simulate the attach bolts. Winscals decals.

finisheda.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedc.jpg

finishedd.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedf.jpg

finishedg.jpg

finishedh.jpg

finishedi.jpg

Edited by Mach2

No Dave and I won't do any CoT models. I don't like na$car's decision to force a cookie cutter car, what it's done to the sport and what it represents. I'll continue to do pre CoT Cup, Nationwide and Busch Series models from 2000 to the present.

Edited by Mach2

No Dave and I won't do any CoT models. I don't like na$car's decision to force a cookie cutter car, what it's done to the sport and what it represents. I'll continue to do pre CoT Cup, Nationwide and Busch Series models from 2000 to the present.

I can agree with you there. You have to go to the Craftsman truck series to get any good racing now, or to your Saturday night tracks like I race at. NASCAR has turned into nothing but a big high dollar IROC race.

Another nice job Mick.

NASCAR, like open wheel before it, is going down the crapper.

It'a already gone. Debris cautions during commercials late in the race, popping J Montoya for 60.06 mph in the pits but don't show it, cookie cutter cars, big crashes at Daytona and Talladega that na$car isn't about to do anything about. Stick a fork in it.............................. Oh yeah, the Jeremy Mayfield fiasco.