Model Cars Magazine Forum

67/68 Olds 88

Was there ever any model of a 1967 or 68 Olds 88? Like this one (1968):

tn_full_1968_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_Front_Q

1968_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_Rear_Quarter_vi

If not, this would be my wish for some of the master-builder/caster. I would love to have a model of this overlooked car. 1969/70 is nice as well, but not as exciting as 67/68.

Yes. And the Buick Wildcats from those two years weren't ugly cars, either. And have also never been made in 1/25...

It is odd that AMT did the Wildcats up through '66 then again in '69-70 but skipped '67-68. Those big fastbacks were all pretty interesting, IMO.

Hey, I had a 69 Delta 88 Convertible . GREAT Car , so so styling though. The trim parts were impossible to find as no one ever took an interest in re popping them. As long as it could work in a Cutlass or an Impala , weeeeeeeeeeelllll, there was some interchange . I'd love to have a model of the car. That's one resin Item I COULD get excited over !!!!!!

Long ago SAE had a "how to" for a conversion of a '65 Olds 88 to a '66 . I am a Factory Stock String Builder Collector . I did not heed advise about sticking to one make . My addiction is from the run of the mill - veterans - odd ball - antique - classic - pre-war , post war , muscle cars - mundane - all decades , all makes & models . Both Foreign or domestic . Popular and unpopular . So , would I buy one of these ? YUP . Will I convert a '65 into a '66 ? Probably ! My addiction is Styrene ! BTW , IMHO ; the Chevy Rallies aren't .... just aren't . Thanx .. :unsure:

Was there ever any model of a 1967 or 68 Olds 88? Like this one (1968):

tn_full_1968_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_Front_Q

1968_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_Rear_Quarter_vi

If not, this would be my wish for some of the master-builder/caster. I would love to have a model of this overlooked car. 1969/70 is nice as well, but not as exciting as 67/68.

I'd love to have one of these in resin. 4 door hardtop preferably. Years back when I lived in NY, there was a husband and wife that had a pair. A 2 door and a 4 door. They were both completely restored. Used to pull into all the local car shows and cruises with them. Neat cars, and it was always cool to see the 2 and 4 doors together. BTW dimaxion, I agree about the rims. They don't go well with the car IMO.

Looks like that body would take quite a bit of kit-bashing to get it right. As Ron mentioned, you could use the AMT '67 Impala for starters, but maybe graft the greenhouse on a '66 Riv, as that has the "hips" that the '67 Olds has. Some stretching seems in order as well, as Olds' B-bodies were a bit longer than the Chevys or Rivieras for that matter. ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

The price of a resin is yet to be determined . The Female in the background picking her ; nose , teeth , or on a cell phone ... Priceless . ..lol.. Not trying to be insulting just funny as this is my view of the pic . It's funny to me . I have a junk '67 Impala (or could be a '68) body . It is the Custom Version molded Without a back-lite . I have also a junk '70 Olds Toronado Body if someone wants to try a Master for this one . PM me . I would like to trade your junk for mine . Thanx ..