Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model Finished?

Well, it looks like ROM is coming to the end of the line.

After 200+ of these, it's just getting too hard to find photos that will fool most people. Impossible, really. There are only so many photos out there that would work, and I've probably used most of them... some more than once! And most of the photos that I've had sent to me were way too obvious to fool anyone.

I might run ROM every once in a while, but not regularly any more.

Next Monday there will be a new Auto ID.

Can't say I blame you Harry. Just want to say "thanks" for the fun while it lasted!

How about "Find the photoshopped" in an image? Add something, delete something, move something?

I'm way too good with Photoshop. You guys would never be able to tell... :D;)

Guest G Holding

:wub:

But those are illustrations, no flaws as a real car would have. And put them up with the real cars...You might stump a few B)

I can also retouch photos so that you would never be able to tell. I do it for a living, I'm a graphic designer. I retouch photos for brochures, ads, etc., all the time, where the last thing the client would want is for the photo to look the least bit faked. The Photoshop work has to be completely undetectable.

Guest G Holding

I can also retouch photos so that you would never be able to tell. I do it for a living, I'm a graphic designer. I retouch photos for brochures, ads, etc., all the time, where the last thing the client would want is for the photo to look the least bit faked. The Photoshop work has to be completely undetectable.

Yep, We know...I just wanna see more !

Well you did a good with ROM , to bad it has to come to a end

I'll still try and do it once in a while... just not on a regular schedule anymore. Too hard to find photos that'll work. But if I do come across something, I'll do an ROM.

But Auto ID is going to continue on.

Say it ain't so Harry!!!! I have enjoyed your run and you have stumped me almost every time, especially on the Auto ID ones.

Auto ID isn't going away. And ROM isn't either... not totally. I'll run it when I find a photo that I think will stump you guys, but after doing more than 200 of them, the photos are just becoming too hard to find.

Guest G Holding

Auto ID isn't going away. And ROM isn't either... not totally. I'll run it when I find a photo that I think will stump you guys, but after doing more than 200 of them, the photos are just becoming too hard to find.

WHEW....thats better....Still need that ROM fix...Now and then is a lot better than never...What about the ones from SA days.....?

WHEW....thats better....Still need that ROM fix...Now and then is a lot better than never...What about the ones from SA days.....?

They deleted all of that when they did their big overhaul one day. I remember logging on one day and all of the 1:1 stuff had been deleted with no warning. All of the Auto ID and ROM was gone. The whole 1:1 category had been deleted.

In fact, that was the reason I left and joined this forum.

Harry, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed "Real or Model" and, as sad as I am to see it go as a regular feature, I understand how tough it must be to find worthy photos every two weeks. You've done a great job with the feature. I guess finding new ones that you post in the future will just be a pleasant surprise. If I find any pics that I think you might like, I'll forward them to you. Maybe others on here can do the same - just so long as they're honest when it comes to voting and commenting!

Til then, please keep up the great work with the Auto ID game!

Harry, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed "Real or Model" and, as sad as I am to see it go as a regular feature, I understand how tough it must be to find worthy photos every two weeks. You've done a great job with the feature. I guess finding new ones that you post in the future will just be a pleasant surprise. If I find any pics that I think you might like, I'll forward them to you. Maybe others on here can do the same - just so long as they're honest when it comes to voting and commenting!

Til then, please keep up the great work with the Auto ID game!

Thanks, Jim.

I hate to see it go,but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't take away the Auto ID away!!!!!!,Harry I would have major withdrawal symptoms that I think I wouldn't be able to kick,I have enough problems dealing with my fix every other week.....

I hate to see it go,but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese don't take away the Auto ID away!!!!!!,Harry I would have major withdrawal symptoms that I think I wouldn't be able to kick,I have enough problems dealing with my fix every other week.....

Auto ID isn't going away. :D