Model Cars Magazine Forum

When will Revell show us what they got?

Remember when there was a time when we didn't know what was going to be released until we saw ads in Car Model or Model Car Science, even Rod and Custom? Sometimes, we were actually pleasantly surprised by seeing cool new stuff in person, on the shelves in the stores. I kinda miss those days.

First it was iHobby/NNL weekend. Then it was 10/15. I'm getting tired of this.

Somebody knows the date when the Automotive releases can be revealed.

When is it?!

Revell has never stated an official date for their 2014 announcements, so when they are ready, they'll let us know. Gerry was told it will be sometime on OR after October 15, 2013, so that's as official as it gets.

The announcements will be here soon enough, so please, be patient.

We though it'd be iHobby weekend because that's when they did it last year, but IIRC, iHobby was later in October last year.

Last I heard they were waiting on the OK about some licensing agreements that apply to some of the new announcements.

There's a couple good 'uns in this year's batch, trust me...

But would they not have obtained the license agreements before beginning production on a kit?

Well, you usually have to have mock-ups to show to the licensing folks, so some development has to be done beforehand. I'm sure they know what it takes to get the car companies' licensing by now. It's possible it might be some sort of movie/TV show deal they're waiting on, those are a little bit different. But that's just me speculating. They could be running right on schedule...

Remember when there was a time when we didn't know what was going to be released until we saw ads in Car Model or Model Car Science, even Rod and Custom? Sometimes, we were actually pleasantly surprised by seeing cool new stuff in person, on the shelves in the stores. I kinda miss those days.

I remember when we didn't know what new kits were being produced . . . until we saw them on the shelves.

No pre-release hype, no magazine leaks, no internet, just walk into the store and see what's there today!

LoL...I'm getting goofy from exhaustion from the last few weeks of work and the endless speculation about new releases...looking forward to my weekend getaway, there will be an outcome Saturday to the Indy Car Series championship and I'll be there.

The truth is out there.....but can any of us handle the truth? ;)

The TRUTH?? You can't handle the truth! :angry:

Man, I love that movie, even if it does have Tom Cruise in it! Jack and Demi more than make up for Tom's presence.