Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970's chevy pick up custom paint

Dang, another fantastic build......where are you finding those Cragars at?

thanks joe, those wheels are MRC wheel's, they have been out of production for a few years now and are getting hard to find, once in while they pop up on ebay,that were i get most of mine.

You do some killer paint jobs. I'm wondering if you could describe your process, tools, paint systems, etc . . . if you don't mind.

yea i could give a little info to who wants it, if anyone has any Q's for me ,just ask and ill try to help out.

That paintjob looks freaking awesome! Great color combos and it's smooth and shiny too. Wheels look really realistic, great to see something different build from Chevrolet Pickup. That grille doesn't fit to my eye perfectly, and there are some other 70's equipment, which aren't so nice, but those doesn't matter since this is built 70's style. Great job with it.

truck looks good i like the paint job. I think I have seen some of you other work in some of the model shows and this one is just a good as all the others. are you in SCMA? I am in the midlands chapter

thanks, yes im in the SCMA way down here at the bottom !