Model Cars Magazine Forum

New model finished

kyledr330

This is my first posting of one of my builds on here. Any and all comments are welcome. This is Revell's Enzo Ferrari. The only thing I added to this model was the heat shield. I used cigarette paper. I think it turned out ok, considering the way the directions have you mate the chassis to the body. What a nightmare.

Edited by kyledr330

Nice and shiny! What foibles did you manage to work out?

Thanks

Chris

Oh boy, were do I start. The exhaust system on this car is terrible to put together. On step 7 when you go to put the body on the chassis, you almost break the body in half to get it to fit over all the goodies that sit on the rear wheel wells. Also it is a really tight fit going from the nose of the model to the exhaust. Glad this one is done.

Oh well, live and learn. I have another one coming in the mail from Justin2020, so this time I will know the order on how I will assemble the body parts so I don't break them off trying to mate the body to the chassis. Other than those small hick-ups, the model itself was a nice fit and finish.

Thanks Kyle. This is in the to do pile in the shop. My mother knew I liked exotic cars and picked this kit up for me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. I need to start it and get it done so I can show it to her. Let her know I appreciate the gift.

Thanks for the insight.

Again, nice looking Enzo. I look forward to your future builds.

Chris

Thanks Kyle. This is in the to do pile in the shop. My mother knew I liked exotic cars and picked this kit up for me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. I need to start it and get it done so I can show it to her. Let her know I appreciate the gift.

Thanks for the insight.

Again, nice looking Enzo. I look forward to your future builds.

Chris

Crispy, Let me know when your are going to start yours. I will go through the directions with you and help you so you don't run into the same problems I did.