Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Pegasus Wheels

Ive got the crossbars, the chromes, and the soverigns. Bernard Kron found out that the chromes also come in "bigs and littles", 15" rears and 14" fronts. I found out that the soverigns have the small tires. The same size chromes look better using the littles on the front, and the soverigns look better with the bigger tires. Still dont know the part numbers for the "bigs and littles" or the crossbars with wide whites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this line of wheels is more intended for the Custom Car/ Lowrider Crowd. The Astro style wheels are really nice. I picked mine up at Pegasus!

Yes, the Astro style ones would look good on a lowered Revell '59 or '60 Chevy or AMT '60 Starliner, I think...full size cars of that era...

• 9 months later...

Just got back from Tucson and their great hobby shop at ACE Hardware across from my alma mater Palo Verde High School (class of '65). Picked up some Pegasus wheel sets, WOW! those are great. Got the Chromed Reverse rims and the Supremes. Had to go back for more.

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500FmHPKGMoE97KU5Ax785pq-6Q.jpg Tires were ok too. :D

Edited by Greg Myers

Do you have a photo of the 5.20s James? The thin whitewall tires look nice on the Sovereigns. But, I think the chrome reverse wheels and four bars will look better with a wide white wall IMO. I've got a few WWWs from different Revell kits that I want to try on the wheels I have coming.

Pegasus makes them with wide whites as well.

Do you have a photo of the 5.20s James? The thin whitewall tires look nice on the Sovereigns. But, I think the chrome reverse wheels and four bars will look better with a wide white wall IMO. I've got a few WWWs from different Revell kits that I want to try on the wheels I have coming.

These are the 520 tires, whitewall is the same, they just have a smaller sidewall.

post-3211-0-91732200-1385764322_thumb.jp

Edited by JamesW

You can sign me up for a couple of sets. All of the after market ones are 19(hate the look) and I don't like the looks. I build mostly customs rods and stock, why can't we have more of these type of wheel for our type of builds. Old style chrome reverse rims, mag wheels(14" & 15") from the 50's 60's and 70's.. Hope the after market listens to this