Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Aoshima "1st Movie" conversion kit

I really.... REALLY wish someone would make this kit with some sort of regularity. I keep getting outbid on fleaBay everytime I see one pop up there (like one every 3~4 months or so...uggh). I want to convert my "Mad Max 2" Interceptor into the original car form, but I think only one person makes that conversion kit, and you can't get it anywhere else.

Freaking aggravating.

I really.... REALLY wish someone would make this kit with some sort of regularity. I keep getting outbid on fleaBay everytime I see one pop up there (like one every 3~4 months or so...uggh). I want to convert my "Mad Max 2" Interceptor into the original car form, but I think only one person makes that conversion kit, and you can't get it anywhere else.

Freaking aggravating.

i feel your pain ive debated casting the conversion kit i have but it might ruffle some feathers i have started to mold the front bumper cover since its really the only part i need since im doing both movie cars

the only hard parts to replicate would be the trunk lid and the spoiler and rear seat back

i have a conversion kit and looking at the parts involved someone who can scratchbuild most of it

i am using a revell Torino for parts formy full detail version

good luck

Michael

Who makes this mysterious conversion kit? I must not be the one AF/X is selling on eBay.

What I understand, it is an AF/X piece & what I've seen it is being sold on a regular basis (weekly) by http://stores.ebay.com/rdsxfan2?_rdc=1. I've got 2 of the sets & they fit nicely & as Michael said the hard part to do is the rear seat back (the AF/X set has the trunk lid and the spoiler). I've also got 2 of the MM figures from the Plant X Interceptor which somebody was casting & selling on evilbay awhile back, never seen anymore since. Aoshima really needs to do the "dog" again or someone start casting it (got 1 of them to). Pity Aoshima won't sell the PE set separately, went & bought the "new" kit just for the PE.

Freaking aggravating.

sent you a pm

Its sold slowly on purpose......so you all fight for it and pay a ridiculous price for it....i've asked the seller for 2. sets up front....and he said to me...that the "guy" only gives it to him 1 at a time! This is so YOU believe its a rare item and jump at it regarless of price......I've seen one a couple days ago....then another yesterday...SAME seller....on e-bay.....

Edited by samurai7

I've had to bid twice...pay $27 + shipping twice and wait months in between just to get my two sets....Then i find out that the Newest version

(super detail kit)...has got the RW version interior...not correct for MM1...so now i need the original interior tub with the centre console...

Its sold slowly on purpose......so you all fight for it and pay a ridiculous price for it....i've asked the seller for 2. sets up front....and he said to me...that the "guy" only gives it to him 1 at a time! This is so YOU believe its a rare item and jump at it regarless of price......I seen one a couple days ago....then another yesterday...SAME seller....on e-bay.....

i guess im gonna be casting it in the future, i hate when people do things like that.

Edited by Lownslow

The one being sold by me on ebay is not made by AF/X Resin. I recently purchased alot of molds from someone that went out of business here in Tennessee so thats why some say it is from them but it is not and also I am finishing up a website now where you will be able to purchase them directly instead of bidding on them on ebay. Samurai7 I do not list them like that to just drive up the price like most people but it is listed that way because I will only sell what is done, made and ready to be shipped and the amount of bodies,hoods and parts we offer weekly on ebay is what we can make in a week so thats why they are listed that way. I do not list them buy it now and do the waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery. My website will be the same way, you will be able to purchase items that are in stock ready to be shipped or you can place an order for them with the guarantee of getting them within 2-4 weeks. Also as you see on my ebay feedback I offer really nice CLEAN resin bodies and parts and all are shipped next day so no waiting to finish your projects. Check out my ebay store at rdsxfan2 and look under models category and see what else I offer.

The one being sold by me on ebay is not made by AF/X Resin. I recently purchased alot of molds from someone that went out of business here in Tennessee so thats why some say it is from them but it is not and also I am finishing up a website now where you will be able to purchase them directly instead of bidding on them on ebay. Samurai7 I do not list them like that to just drive up the price like most people but it is listed that way because I will only sell what is done, made and ready to be shipped and the amount of bodies,hoods and parts we offer weekly on ebay is what we can make in a week so thats why they are listed that way. I do not list them buy it now and do the waiting 4-6 weeks for delivery. My website will be the same way, you will be able to purchase items that are in stock ready to be shipped or you can place an order for them with the guarantee of getting them within 2-4 weeks. Also as you see on my ebay feedback I offer really nice CLEAN resin bodies and parts and all are shipped next day so no waiting to finish your projects. Check out my ebay store at rdsxfan2 and look under models category and see what else I offer.

I would've rather you had taken my request of 2 sets...waited 4-6 weeks for it...that way I'd know i'd get it for sure and saved on shipping charges....I've had to keep checking ebay for availablity...and fight to win the bidding. I would've gladly paid you ( a fair price) upfront and get put on a waiting list..I'm sure a lot of people would do the same. Your way of selling "what is done" DOES drive the price up. I see that you waited until the last listing ended...then posted a new listing immediately after...instead of posting multiple listings

Freaking aggravating.

I´d suggest to make the parts by yourself rather than messing around with pricy parts on "fleaBay". I was looking for the transkit by myself for a while and I´ve searched for as much information as I could find. After seeing a few builds with a transkit, I didn´t want it anymore. I didn´t like the fit and the quality of the resin parts that I have seen. I ended up making the parts from sheet styrene and it looks way better/sharper/crisper than any Mad Max resin stuff that is available out there. It wasn´t even difficult.

3530336136373866.jpg

3665323466376539.jpg

I realized there is an odd thing going on for some time now. People start to forget about their scratchbuilding skill because there is too much aftermarket stuff available. It took me two evenings to make the parts for my model. In the end this "feels" much better than buying expensive resin stuff, which probalby needs the same amount of time to make the parts fit and look good on your model.

No pun intended, just a heads-up suggestion about getting back to the roots and creating something to be proud of.

Best regards,

Kevin

Renato, I would do it that way on ebay but if I do not ship all items paid for on ebay the next day I would lose my Top Rated Seller status as a punishment from ebay. It happened to me a couple months ago because I would do that on some of the items and they did not mind waiting for them but ebay penalized me for taking care of my customers. I will do orders for items now but they must be paid for on paypal and I print all my shipping labels off paypal also. Just message me what you would like.

Glad to help out on the photo; it's a subject dear to me because a buddy here in NY has 2 1:1 XB Falcons, including a full-blown MM replica....the first in the world to have a functional blower, and also the new Scott EFI setup:

With thin enough acetate or mylar**, you can form it to that sort of contour while gluing it in.

**I got a product called 'Dura-Lar' at my local Michaels store that I'll be using on my MM1 model(with an AFX transkit)

the only hard parts to replicate would be the trunk lid and the spoiler and rear seat back

i have a conversion kit and looking at the parts involved someone who can scratchbuild most of it

i am using a revell Torino for parts formy full detail version

good luck

Michael

Does the chassis from the revell Torino line up with the Falcon? or are you splicing the two chassis' together?

Can you show pics?