Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here we go again! Had to strip cab and start over. I have been sort of disappointed in this kit. The parts are not numbered, some of them didn't fit really all that well and the the tires are out of the question.

After some advise from some of u guys, here we go. Masked and clear coated the cab sat. nite, and painted last night. Let ya all know how it turns out!

post-13308-0-97673100-1416323804_thumb.j

post-13308-0-53640900-1416323946_thumb.j

post-13308-0-62063900-1416323981_thumb.j

post-13308-0-02237800-1416323996_thumb.j

tick with it my friend. There are tons of guys on here that would be tickled to help. If there is something lousy in the instructions or a missing/unidentifiable part, just post a question.

99% of the regular watchers and posters here are not here to pass judgment. We share our lessons learned (often from our own mistakes) and encourage others. And a few psychotics like me are not afraid to post our misadventures and tell you "well...that did not work....see?". And most of us get right back if you send a PM.

I think you are on the right track. And since you like COE's, here is a black and green Freightliiner I built several years ago in a hotel room in Chicago over the winter. Not a prize winner, but turned out decent for a true budget build and virtually no tools.

You conquer these things with patience and trial and error....not much else works...been there....done that...

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks

If you got a couple of bucks and a way to get to a hardware store or Hobby Lobby, consider a set of tiny hinges like those used on doll houses or a jewelry box.

Set the cab down on its "nose" on your work bench. Line up the bumper and place the hinges. Make sure they are either inside or outside the frame rails. Also, make sure you got the hinges mounted so they will tilt the correct way. (Been there, done that). Some thick CA or similar and let it set for a day. Scuffing up the brass or chrome finish on the hinges will help the glue hold better and with a set of wire cutters, you can trim the excess mounting tabs of the hinges before you glue them for a better fit . Go back with a little paint on the visible parts. Then just make sure you get that bumper glued to the frame real good and it has set fully before trying to tilt it. viola. There is a section on my 1/16 KW gold nugget in the workbench section on how I did this using these materials. Find the page(s) dealing with the cab.

You nail this one and you are well on your way to having cab doors open and close!

Good luck. Keep us posted!

Edited by olsbooks