Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interests outside of model cars?

outside of models i like to fix up old bicycles,just finished doing a fast restoration on a 1950's westernflyer. and i have about 7 other bikes waitin on restorations.

i also play guitar(acoustic and electric) bass and drums.

i play around fixing 1:1 cars as well.

pretty much anything that entails fixing something,lol

I'm really big into custom painting and pin stiping,...kinda funny though, I own 6 airbrushes and have yet to use one on a model... ;). I've started to get into ho slot cars a little with my kids, some r/c stuff. mostly just because I can paint them up. I've got a never ending project in my 1964 ford falcon, have just picked up a 429 and c6 trans, so out come the air bags and here comes the solid axle.... B) Anyone in need of a .o60 over 351w? Never been ran yet.

My other hobbies/interests is Model Railroading ( HO scale ) collecting Hot Wheels (mainly from 1978 to 1989 but a mix of all ) I like tinkering with 1:1 cars and bikes. I love fishing and camping and have a lot of gear. I love aircraft yet I have not done a model in forever and I have a bunch. My Sports I watch are almost All forms of motorsports from drag, Nascar, Rolex/Grand AM, Monster Jam. I go to Monster Jam every chance I get. I am a HUGE Football fan and instead of being die hard one team I am really into about 4 teams and have about 3 "second string" ;) Surprisingly most of my teams are not the most favorite.

I don't have many interests outside of model cars that isn't also car related, and it always seems those interests seem to merge back to model building. I like watching NASCAR, Indy Car, and Formula 1 racing, as well as an occasional drag race. I also work on 1:1 cars and trucks, and also enjoy model railroading and real trains. I also like online gaming, mostly car racing games. Other than that, my life is kinda boring, just watching TV! ;)

I also play guitar, but only electric, with a preference for the blues. I've got a small N scale model railroad layout. I'm also into history, especially ancient Central America, and midevil Europe. When I lived in Iowa, I had a couple of 68 Impalas. One was a basically stock 4 door sedan. The other was a convertible that a friend from Peru helped me make it into a lowrider.

I too play bass guitar for a working,part time,metal band.LOL,I also love to restore old lawn tractors and snow blowers ,small engines.Oh and fix stuff my wife and kids break.I make other people rich and buy food and pay taxes as a cnc operator. B)

i build all types of plastic and resin models,i love cars of the fifties but will build ships ,planes figures military ,anything when i need a change.im an avid dvd collector ,i love movies ,i have over 500 regular movies ,70 blu-ray, and 60 + tv series i also have 3 teen sons who need less and less of my time so i find im having more time to build or surf the web and see what everyone else is doing,i also work making other people rich as an nc turrt/laser operator...

jim

I love all forms of motorsports and photography.

My photo web site.

I also mess around with HO trains and try to get out and photograph 1:1 trains when I can.

Railroad photos

And then, of course, there's the slowly growing "mini fleet" of 1:1 projects:

The roadster:

pacecar05-vi.jpg

The '47 Mercury that I'm almost done re-wiring:

0620004-vi.jpg

And the newest addition, a '62 Falcon that is resisting my best efforts to get it running reliably:

0824001-vi.jpg

Between shooting races and going to 1:1 car shows all season explains why I haven't touched a model in months! :)

I've got one more race weekend to shoot this year (The Cup race at Martinsville next week) and car shows are pretty much done around here. So then I plan to get back to model cars for the winter!

Other than building models my spare time is spent On Multiply networking with friends all over the world.

I tried facebook, still have account, but really don't care for it.

Travelling and motorcycles. Preferably travelling by motorcycle. B)

Oh one other.

I am a paranormal investigator. I have travelled all over the US visiting and investigating haunted places.

If you watch a certain TV show, my wife and I were there first to check it out............

G

Edited by AgentG

It's my favorite time of year as both NCAA & NFL Football can take up my waking hours on the weekends. I enjoy watching NASCAR too, but not as much as I did when I was younger when you couldn't find me for 4 hours a day on Sundays. I enjoy photography and the travel that my website provides. Get to see a great deal of back-road, small town America. Don't tell my wife, but I like tinkering around with yard work too. B)