Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tornadic storms are forecast for the Chicagoland area.

From accuweather.com...

"Today's instantaneous communication of weather extremes by way of social media commands the use of attention-grabbing terms. There is a risk of overuse of terms like derecho or blizzard. However, the term "strong or severe thunderstorms" is used so commonly today that we felt many people may disregard a potentially life-threatening event if we stopped there."

So what he's basically saying is that they have to be on the edge of hysteria just to get people's attention these days... :rolleyes:

News at 5!!! Kill Storm Derecho Danny coming through!!! Be on Alert!!! Augggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I heard about a confirmed tornado running though the Chicago suburbs last night. Hope everyone is okay.

http://romeoville.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/national-weather-service-brief-tornado-hit-plainfield-romeoville81614?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by Custom Hearse

Speaking of storms............ we actually had one last night !!! Started with high winds and then came the dust, oh the dust. I thought I may loose one of my trees out in front the wind was so bad. Next came the rain and it was quite heavy. Next was the lightning and the thunder. I loved it !