Model Cars Magazine Forum

here we go!

cj112674

i'm sure some of you will disagree with what i picked as my first project in years but my selection was VERY limited. I finaly found a store that still carries models but only had a handful of them. i chose a 1970 boss 429 mustang. in fact someone on here is doing one too, so hopefully we can exchange ideas and issues with one-n-nother. ill post pics when i have more time...thanks for all the help guys, but im chucked full of more questions...lol.

Sounds like the Revell/Monogram kit. Nice kit and easy to throw details onto. I have the 1/25 '69 Shelby (Revell used the same master that Monogram did for the Boss), so I just might drag it out, start building and we can compare notes. Good luck.

Sounds like the Revell/Monogram kit. Nice kit and easy to throw details onto. I have the 1/25 '69 Shelby (Revell used the same master that Monogram did for the Boss), so I just might drag it out, start building and we can compare notes. Good luck.

i started last night. i just sanded the body down and got it in primer. i started to paint the block, im going for a ford blue well as close as possible. the body, im going for a gloss black, try to make it look mean. im new to the hobbly, well new to the details and such, so im probaly just going to stick to the basics for now. i don't know, i think like i said, im going to keep it pretty basic, i dont like the idea of changing a mach to much, at least for me, i love the look just like it is. but ya, let me know what you are up to and maybe you'll get me to change my mind..good luck.. ill probaly post some pics tonight..

why yes! i just finished that kit this afternoon, i only had one real problem, i had fitment problem with my front bumper, i fixed it as best i could. Of course im still very inexperienced and the bumper fix doesnt look good, but hey im learning

edit: im new to the hobby too, mostly, im just now making a transition from model planes/tanks/ large artillery to cars.

i didnt focus on details much, just wanted to make it as best as i possibly could, whenever i try to get the details too much i ruin the whole thing. i really wanted this to turn out well, if youve seen many of my other posts im kinda in love with mustangs :(

Edited by conor1148

why yes! i just finished that kit this afternoon, i only had one real problem, i had fitment problem with my front bumper, i fixed it as best i could. Of course im still very inexperienced and the bumper fix doesnt look good, but hey im learning

edit: im new to the hobby too, mostly, im just now making a transition from model planes/tanks/ large artillery to cars.

i didnt focus on details much, just wanted to make it as best as i possibly could, whenever i try to get the details too much i ruin the whole thing. i really wanted this to turn out well, if youve seen many of my other posts im kinda in love with mustangs :(

thatnks for the heads up on the bumper! ya, im new to the hobby, well if you call building when i was 12 for a bit expirenced, then yes, im new to it..lol..i love stangs too..my dad retired from ford (38 years) so ford and stangs run through my blood.. weve restored a 65, 66, 67, and he puts around on a 69 mach that he's had forever. ive actualy never owned one to be honest with ya, but i still love'em. to be completely honest my heart lies with my 69 lemans that was my first ride, but ford put food on the table so what can ya do..lol.. thanks again!

thatnks for the heads up on the bumper! ya, im new to the hobby, well if you call building when i was 12 for a bit expirenced, then yes, im new to it..lol..i love stangs too..my dad retired from ford (38 years) so ford and stangs run through my blood.. weve restored a 65, 66, 67, and he puts around on a 69 mach that he's had forever. ive actualy never owned one to be honest with ya, but i still love'em. to be completely honest my heart lies with my 69 lemans that was my first ride, but ford put food on the table so what can ya do..lol.. thanks again!

no problem, i have a picture of the finished mustang in my thread (should be below this one)

sorry but i have a really good looking picture of the back of the car but the dang thing is too big of a file to upload

no problem, i have a picture of the finished mustang in my thread (should be below this one)

sorry but i have a really good looking picture of the back of the car but the dang thing is too big of a file to upload

ya, i saw it..robin egg blue sort of color? looks really good, better than mine so far..lol..