Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 356a 1500gs Carrera Speedster-Body detailing

simonr

After being some time living in LAZYTOWN, I'm finally back to finish this project. There's has been a lot of work on it after my last time post, so, there will be more updates soon.

Last time I ddi all the paint work on just the body, here you guys can see all the parts that I have to paint on this 200+ Fujimi kit parts. These doesn't cover the parts that will make the engine.

SSC_0518.jpg

The bumpers has a chorme trim, but over it, it wears a rubber moulding that I though to paint flat or semi-flat black, but, instead, I place a piece of the Pactra tape. I comes in several lenghts and it give th part the correct look.

SSC_0545.jpg

Some thing that I would like to correct for some time on my models are those out of scale license plates that in real life will be around a whole inch, could you guys imagine an inch width license plate? Instead use the one that came with the kit, I used a real thinn plastic sheet of evergreen where I placed the decals.

SSC_0826.jpg

SSC_0823.jpg

A tiny bolt head completed the bumper and license plate assembling.

SSC_0830.jpg

Like the bumper guards you guys saw in over the bumpers, some other parts received the Alclad II blessing. Here can be seing the mirrors and the tail lights bases. Thanks a lot to Armando from Dragon Models USA who provided me with the replacement parts. The kit didn't came with those tail light bases and I messed up the license plates and the decals trying to dry'em with a hair drier.

SSC_0818-1.jpg

SSC_0817-1.jpg

I mixed some Badger flat black acrylic paint and a Gunze Sangyo 01 black fine tip marker in order to replicate the trim that goes under the rear signal lights and the side mirrors. Here are the results.

SSC_0831.jpg

SSC_0832.jpg

to be continued!

Simón P.Rivera Torres

A picture of the final work at the rear of the model.

SSC_0835.jpg

Some overviews of how everything look so far. Abody that has been buffed, detailed, and waxed!

SSC_0833.jpg

SSC_0834.jpg

SSC_0843.jpg

Side views

SSC_0839.jpg

SSC_0855.jpg

SSC_0858.jpg

Mid section closeup

SSC_0869.jpg

Front section closeup

SSC_0852.jpg

The front half aready done. The wiper also received some Alcad II treatment.

SSC_0866.jpg

to be continued...

Simón P.Rivera Torres

No!, this are not some underexposure shoots, if not, it's that I like the look of the gloss of the car in the dark at my modeling room. It can be seen better that in the perfect lighting setting.

SSC_0874.jpg

SSC_0877.jpg

SSC_0879.jpg

The same shots with unaltered room light.

SSC_0873.jpg

SSC_0876.jpg

SSC_0880.jpg

I will add soon the front suspension and interior section. I hope you guys like this pictures. See you then!

Simón

I used the Auto Clear from Finisher's. About the dulling look, I think it could be the light setup, because, as you can see in the modeling room pictures, it looks real glossy, and in person it's more than that. Oh yes, I'm convinced, because after checked out these pictures of a prior post, the model has a great gloss.

SSC_0517.jpg

SSC_0511.jpg

SSC_0499.jpg

Next step I will show the chassis and interior build up. The model it's more advanced than what you guys see here.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Very nice work on a complicated model with that many parts. What clear did you use? Are you going to buff it a bit more? It still looks a little dull. Other than that, amazing.
Edited by simonr

Wow Danny, tremendo brillo en el tuyo. Deja ver ver cuando nos juntamos con algunos de los muchachos para ponernos al día y ver todos estos projectos en persona. Gracias por darle una miradita a esto.

Simón Rivera

saludos esta quedando a fuego yo estoy trabajando en un 959 no e postiado nada en el foro por el idioma asta luego surte en tu proyecto a qui una foto del 959 espero no te moleste por la foto

Picture013.jpg