Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Cabriolet

Jim Whalen

I hear you Jim. I have over a dozen Deuces on the bench right now. I have to pick one of RMCoM sedan deliveries too. My problem with all of them is that always want to make them either black or some sort of red. LOL.

Hi,

A dozen deuces Mike? That's quite a few!

With my collection I'm trying to make them all slightly different in some way (e.g. engines, build style, types of paintwork, etc.). On the engine front I've failed a bit as 3 now have the small block Ford in. Got some excuse though as one was a box stock build for a contest and the other a Speedwagon. Although there's 3 small block Fords they all have different induction so I guess that's something!

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks - again - the replies are certainly appreciated.

Lyle - thanks for the compliment, I'm aware you mastered the body and I looked at the pictures of yours quite a bit before building mine. It only needed basic cleaning up before it was ready for paint and everything fitted together nicely. I was thinking of suggesting to Norm that you produce a folded down top as well - would be good for viewing the interior (especially when at contests!).

Cheers,

Jim

Hi,

A dozen deuces Mike? That's quite a few!

With my collection I'm trying to make them all slightly different in some way (e.g. engines, build style, types of paintwork, etc.). On the engine front I've failed a bit as 3 now have the small block Ford in. Got some excuse though as one was a box stock build for a contest and the other a Speedwagon. Although there's 3 small block Fords they all have different induction so I guess that's something!

Cheers,

Ha ha ha. I do the same thing and try to make them all slightly different. Nothing wrong with the small block Ford. Especially if you keep its top different. You can dress them up pretty good these little engines. MCG sells some pretty good kits for them too, which will give you different valve covers and matching filters.

And yeah, I have at least a dozen Deuces.

3 Vickies - cabrio highboy, cabrio with fenders and a chopped top highboy

1 B400

3 Speedwagons - box stock, highboy and highboy cabrio

3 Tudors - a vintage highboy, chopped highboy and a chopped full rendered one.

2 5-windows - Eastcoast vintage highboy and a modern chopped highboy.

4 3-windows - the Lucky 13, two full rendered and one chopped highboy.

And I still have not started the roadsters and some other ideas I have.

Edited by mrm