Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors Lincoln Mint Models - good?

Hi all,

I have absolutely no experience with the Testors Lincoln Mint series of models - I'm particularly interested in the

HARLEY DAVIDSON FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE MODEL KIT - are they quality kits? Are they anywhere near the Italeri/ESCI 1/9 motorcycle standard as far as detail and quality?

Thanks!

I cannot tell you about the motorcycles, but the cars stink. The Daytona is off on items ike the fender scoops not mounted in correct location and the GTO does not build up very well. For the money they charge for these, I was thinking I would get a nice easy build withouth having to paint, and I found the kit disappointing. Never finshed the GTO and sold the Daytona.

I had a couple of those GTO Judge kits and they are not very good. There were flaws in the paint and graphics and the separate parts for the chrome trim just look awful. On the other hand, the Rally II wheel is one of the best I've ever seen in a model kit. I can't comment on the motorcycle kit you mentioned, though; but you seem to have found some not-so-great information on it.

Edited by Chief Joseph

Thanks for that info! Hmmm - found a WIP thread on ScaleAuto that illustrates some serious alignment issues with this particular kit. May have to pass on the Lincoln Mint kit.

Yeah... sad part is, the bikes are better than the cars in that series, quality-wise. If you must have one, I'd suggest getting it for the cheapest price you can possibly find.

As for the cars? I'll repeat the 'not worth it' statement already made on this thread. :lol: