Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Cheverolet Nomad ,,,,which one?

Ok, I see there are decals out to do the Scioto/Blevins 1955 Car. And I may have to do this one ,,,, just because.

So my questions is, which kit provides the best base to build on ?

I know Revell use to make one, and I see there is an AMT kit out now.

Keep in mind

I don't need lots of details ,( opening doors, 100% accurate chassis etc etc ) just a reasonably accurate looking shelf piece.

John's right...Revell made '56 and a '57 Nomads, and the exhaust is indeed molded into the chassis on the AMT '55. The only one I have in stock is the more recent big-wheel version, but the body and chassis should be the same as earlier issues and look to be well proportioned and crisply molded.

If you decide you do want a more-detailed chassis, the Monogram 1/25 '55 BelAir convertible has a dandy.

So this one is ok?

$(KGrHqJHJCoFCrTfL!eiBQtilQQH)w~~60_57.J

This one is good. It has all of the drag parts with it. It does have the molded in exhaust. If that's a problem,it can be easily fixed by cutting out the center section between the frame rails from the front back to the area in front of the gas tank and use a donor floor pan from another tri five kit.

And avoid this one ?

For the uneducated like myself on Chevrolet cars, whats the difference if they're both AMT kits?

!B3eMeuQ!mk~$(KGrHqN,!hkE)78!o,yfBMmUilQ

Yes, avoid that one if you want anything besides stock. It does show what parts it comes with on the bottom of the box.

And avoid this one ?

For the uneducated like myself on Chevrolet cars, whats the difference if they're both AMT kits?

!B3eMeuQ!mk~$(KGrHqN,!hkE)78!o,yfBMmUilQ

I only have the green one, but based on others comments, the silver re-issue deleted the custom and drag parts. I'm building the green one now and can confirm it has the extra parts. Also parts to make a phantom El Camino (El Nomado?)

They are the same kits, just one lacks the extra parts. It is a decent kit, somewhat simplified compared to current kits. It has a chassis plate with the frame and exhaust molded instead of seperate parts, and a metal axle for the back wheels. The 265 V-8 is ok, but there are far better engines out there if you are looking for high levels of detail.

Ok, I see there are decals out to do the Scioto/Blevins 1955 Car. And I may have to do this one ,,,, just because.

So my questions is, which kit provides the best base to build on ?

I know Revell use to make one, and I see there is an AMT kit out now.

Keep in mind

I don't need lots of details ,( opening doors, 100% accurate chassis etc etc ) just a reasonably accurate looking shelf piece.

I'm curious about this car, any pics who makes, the decals?

• 1 month later...