Model Cars Magazine Forum

+ 1970 Camaro Hub Caps or Wheel Covers +

Thank you , Kevin and Carl !

Kevin - That's great ! Not sure why I didn't peruse MLR's page first ...

Carl - Excellent ! I can check out eBay in their "parts" subsection for a set of those wheel covers . I can use them on one of the other '70 Camaro kits I have .

Bob, are you sure about that? At least in the issue I have, the painted box from the eighties, black plastic, doesn't have them. It has the Nova/Camaro Rally wheels and some custom five spokes, IIRC.

I have a version of them 70 Impala, the Fire Chief, that has baby moons with Bowties. Don't know if they were included in any other version of the 70 Impala. Just coincidentally, the Fire Chief consequently has both wheels that John is looking for... ;)

Only the Fire Chief issue of the Impala had the "bow tie" caps. And they weren't correct for the Impala; the dog dish cap for it was a different style. The "bow tie" caps were correct for early Seventies Novas and Camaros, possibly Chevelles as well.

Only the Fire Chief issue of the Impala had the "bow tie" caps. And they weren't correct for the Impala; the dog dish cap for it was a different style. The "bow tie" caps were correct for early Seventies Novas and Camaros, possibly Chevelles as well.

Yes on the Chevelles these Bow Tie Baby Moons being the Poverty Caps too . Actually these 1:1 , you pushed on with your hands gently . A great mistake is to hit them with a Hammer , like every other hub cap in the known Automotive Universe at that time . One wrong strike results with you taking a trip to replace with more identical Genuine GM pieces . These are totally dented and unrepairable with the slightest surface collisions . This includes loose stones and the resulting dings . Who says GM cannot innovate ? BTW , for laughs : my spell check shows me Camaro & Chevelle is mspld. ! lol .. Thanx ..

JS23U, I know the '72 Nova had baby moon caps because the Nova catalog I got in 1972 shows them. Basically, the 1972 Nova SS package included the 350 engine, SS emblems, moon hubcaps and I believe dual exhaust.

The rallye wheels in the AMT 1972 Nova kit (T365/) are not in the '72 Nova SS package. If available, were extra cost.

This photo is from yenko.net. It looks like the one in the 1972 Nova catalog

post-11981-0-60727700-1395848140_thumb.j

Edited by Bob Ellis