Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update: "General Pete"

I think using BMF on the hood strip, door trim, & windshield trim would be a good idea. Are you going to put the Confederate Battle Flag on the roof & the "01" on the doors?

I am not sure if there is enough room on the roof for the confederate flag? :blink:

I was planning on it being on the back of the sleeper! :D

The "01" im not sure will fit on the door but im going to try ...and "General Lee" will be put on the hood being lettering is to big for the side of the roof...

Worth a try. Don't forget the horn that plays "Dixie"!

Are you using the decals from the 1/25 or 1/16 car?

25th scale! :D

Dont want to forget the horns...maybe i can find an extra set somewhere?...i dont have any extras i do know... :blink:

So the 1/25 scale "General Lee" comes with the Flag on the decal sheet? I saw the model on the shelf at a LHS, but the Flag wasn't on the box art. Not "PC", I guess.

Its been "Politically Corrected" for the box art...but its still got the flag i think?

Cool.

Yes, I agree with you. I don't think the Confederate Navy Jack (I misspoke in my earlier post) will fit on top of the sleeper. Best to put it on the back. I think the "01" will be too big for the doors like you said.

if they don't fit try to cut emm down or hand letter it then build an enclosed car trailer with several general lees inside and mural the outside to where the generals jumping the brook

Nice thinking but im not doing that! :lol:

Ive got a rvg car hauler im putting on the back with a bunch of other Dukes Of Hazzard cars such as daisy's jeep, trying to locate something for jesses p/u, modern GL and a rosco patrol car and may try to fit enos's to? :blink::lol:

just got today new tires for General Pete and will work on it here in a bit...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glass installed, firewall area of interior tub painted to match and some odd and ends...

Didn't like the YELLOW that the engine was painted contrasting to the orange of the truck so I ripped it out carefully and will repaint it either Pete white or CAT Yellow?...

• 1 month later...