Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 GMC Jimmy Finished moved to underglass.

I'm liking this model a lot! I wish I was alive when everyone had cb radios. I have one in my real life custom van but it doesn't get any use......I turn it on, scroll around but no one is out there anymore I guess. When I lived in Ontario, I got people on it more often.

Those were the days! Back around 1979 I put a lot of miles on a company car and had a CB in it. It was great for getting warned where the cops were. Sometimes a couple of people would ride together and chat as we went. There were people with land base stations that would talk to everyone who passed on the major road and had info on conditions etc. Every time you passed a certain mile market you would just say hello to that person. It helped pass the time.

There was also the aspect that you could call for help, but that's been surpassed by cell phones.

Edited by Tom Geiger

More progress this week I've found a web site that provided many pictures of Jimmy's and found some of the details that I was looking for. I added back some of the door frame around the top and some details on the firewall that's missing on the kit. I've added the brake master cylinder and a heater box started piping the hoses as well. I have also added a skid plat over the fuel tank that does not show up very well in the pictures also added detail around the rear side windows and BMF on the front windshield I think that's ever thing this week . Should have it finished up some time this week just received the last parts I've been waiting for. Thanks for all the comments over the past weeks.

a49defe2510fc00b36bd70e515e242b3.jpg

94fb45c779120aeb75b61a840f6fabe8.jpg

6d9a386f29b4a37469e9802230b0ad5d.jpg

1cfb13a07b62daac30a290b19f3d6404.jpg

My son created my Jimmy logo for the side I used the Testors decal kit I BMF a small peice to place the decal on. I have finished the plumbing and wiring in the engine compartment. My truck came with metal screens on the back side windows that prevented anyone seeing inside. Here are a couple quick pictures from the iPad. Out side pictures coming next . I'm calling the build finished unless I get new ideas to add to it. The only thing that is missing from the 1:1 is a class2 trailer hitch. Enjoy

b2d34392a6c40257d1e469309c7eb13f.jpg

c301d3ef836405f90a2644365d2532a1.jpg

00a43fb284cfcbc2cc827ff36a62b777.jpg