Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's olds is new again! (it's cleared...)

MachinistMark

I told ya those pre clear pics didn't do the colour any justice. yes urethane clear is pretty awesome but once you mix a batch ya better use it all or be prepared to pour it out.

sweet build you have going. my opinion, i'd run the steelies just the way it is!! btw, can you tell me what urethane clear you are using? never used it before, thought i may give it a try, have no clue where to start.

Not even sure its urethane. Its a 2 part clear 4:1 mix ratio . One guy at the paint store said it was urethane, then the next time I bought it a diff parts guy said it wasn't. Either way the brand is pro form I'll snap pics of the cans when I get home from work. Thanks for the comments as well guys. Means a lot!

Not even sure its urethane. Its a 2 part clear 4:1 mix ratio . One guy at the paint store said it was urethane, then the next time I bought it a diff parts guy said it wasn't. Either way the brand is pro form I'll snap pics of the cans when I get home from work. Thanks for the comments as well guys. Means a lot!

thanks for the reply. i am not a big fan of this kit, but this thread is slowly changing my mind. very nice clean build and that clear really makes that paint pop!!!

Ace, you have mail.

Zaina I would love to run a set of spider caps, but have none. I'm still undecided on hub caps or plain steelies... I'll throw the caps on tonight and see how they look.

This thing really is just falling together... haven't had this easy of a build since the 48 ford custom I did a year ago

• 2 weeks later...