Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy 150 ''Black Widow''

W-409

Continued working with this. I fixed my f... I mean I fixed my ''oops'' with that dipstick. So I took it off and made a new one, but that comes to the engine. I made it from lead. I added that wire coming from carburetor and it ends somewhere under that fuel injection system... I have to build a new exhaust pipes from scratch because Black Widows didn't have mufflers as in the Revell ones... I they also end before rear tires so it's stupid to do very big modifications to these what are in the box. I can make new ones on the same time... But here are the pics.

VielListtyDetaljeita.jpg

Moottorinljytikku.jpg

Let me know, what you think.

Continued working with this. I fixed my f... I mean I fixed my ''oops'' with that dipstick. So I took it off and made a new one, but that comes to the engine. I made it from lead. I added that wire coming from carburetor and it ends somewhere under that fuel injection system... I have to build a new exhaust pipes from scratch because Black Widows didn't have mufflers as in the Revell ones... I they also end before rear tires so it's stupid to do very big modifications to these what are in the box. I can make new ones on the same time... But here are the pics.

VielListtyDetaljeita.jpg

Moottorinljytikku.jpg

Let me know, what you think.

OK, a few things. Don't get me wrong you are doing an awesome job. If you want more accuracy that hole in the lower block near the oil pan rail (well represents a hole anyhow) is where the dipstick tube goes.

Here is a few more pics of the 283 hp 283 you are building.

Not sure if the tube you saw is like the second pic. This is what they call a road tube.

Notice the oil filler on the top of the intake manifold on the schematic drawing and the others.

The road tube was the old school PCV valve more or less. Gave ventilation to the engine.

Also on the third one, the website I got this pic from said all 57's equipped with the 283 hp 283 fuellie had this air intake on the radiator. Just my 2 cents and help.

post-6455-12765622733234_thumb.jpg

post-6455-12765622885665_thumb.jpg

post-6455-12765623056794_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

• 2 months later...

It's time for an update, finally! I glued engine to the frame, before that I drilled holes to the frame for exhaust pipes. I also drilled a hole to starter, that's for battery cable wich I glued to the place. It's almost inpossible to put it after body... Then I made that crossmember to the frame. Those vinyl tires are usually too shiney, this time I used 400 sandpaper for tracks and for the sides I used somekind of old polishing lab (is that correct?). I think, they are better now. I painted those wheels also. With white and then used little of black and silver to finishing toughes... I made those exhaust pipes from 3mm metal tubing. I have to build those heads for pipes later...

P9100004.jpg

P9100002.jpg

P9100415.jpg

P9100417.jpg

Tires. Original is on the left and finished product is on the right. A bit better, I think...

P9110153.jpg

These wires are for generator.

P9110156.jpg

P9110166.jpg

P9110167.jpg

Feel free for comments. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I got a inspiration to finish these old projects. Yesterday I clened the dust from Black Widow's box and decided to finish this one.

It's on four wheels now, I built the extra pair of Shocks from ones I found in my Parts Box, I just had to make them bit taller. Small styrene slips to the Leaf Springs made it possible to install those shocks. Also I put the Rear Stabilizer Bar on. It is made from metal wire and brackets are styrene and smaller metal wire.

c68be5b3-c13e-4a5a-93c0-6e9ed16e4dc6.jpg
6f87f45f-6cb9-431d-aff2-833fab65610b.jpg
b11f536c-f995-4b91-944b-1812e4232097.jpg
eea6507c-6b7c-42e6-9928-5d1eb420f459.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Richard!

I have been doing bodywork and it's coming slowly. There has been some need for putty and now it's the Third primer coat on the body, and it's not done yet even if it looks pretty good in the pictures. The first two pics show the putties sanded smooth and then I primered it. Hopefully it would look good after next primer coat...

DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1344.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

Thanks Ron. I'm happy with the engine too, even if it's done few years ago. Only modification I will do for it is to clean up the Fuel Injection painting a little, otherwise I like it.

I will do some sanding tomorrow, maybe some putty work too. Hope to get it painted soon.

• 3 months later...

Thanx Dave and John!

I've been having a break from this one, the bodywork started to get a bit annoying, because after many primer coats, more putty and everything, the mold lines are still visible. I need to try another type of putty next, hope that works better.... :rolleyes: