Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Mustang GT500 - 8 year old daughter!

106miles

That is great!!! You should be very proud of her! B)

My just turned three granddaughter will come into the room and see all the models in various state of disrepair or unfinished. Then she will open the closet door and say "wow thats a lot of cars grandpa."

She will walk up to the desk and then point to things and ask what it is and where does it go and I'll do my best to explain in terms she can unserstand but yet not move away from actual names of parts and function.

She will always say just before going back to the living room "when I get big grandpa, I'm going to help you fix all them cars!" :)

I almost can't wait until she can!!! B)

It's absolutely beautiful! I can't believe it's a brushed finish it looks fantastic the whole car is elegant. Very well done if she's reading this then let me say I hope you make more cars I know everyone here would love to see them, I know I would. :) Keep up the great work you two! :)

:D Awesome! I love it and I love to see the kids getting in to this hobby all most want to do is be on the computer all day.She did a great job on that kit and I have a grandson that is 2 but as soon as he can start im going to be building kits with him I already got him in to cars hotwheels and things like that in fact the frist words out of his mouth when comes over is hi cars.ya.Keep her building.

I wanted to ask about the part where you said this was painted and THEN sanded, do you mean you sanded the paint? As in to get rid of brush strokes? That's pretty cool, I didn't know that could be done, much less that it would give such slick results. I don't have an airbrush anymore so this is good news to hear if that's the case.

• 1 year later...