Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/4t mile dirt track

Mercman

Action on turn 2.

Track005.jpg

More action in the corners, better get the rescue team alerted.

Track007.jpg

The track will be banked all the way around, with a 3 degree on the straights, going into a 7 degree on the corners

Also I'm looking for entries for this diorama. I plan on holding a race scenario in Oct. So if anyone would like to build a 1/87th car to participate let me know. I have commitments fro 9 others so far. If you remember the K&J Kruise that Ken H. did a few a years ago, this will be something like that.

There will be 2 classes of cars, 1948 and older, and 1949 to 1974. They must look like a car that will run on dirt, not asphalt.

For more info contact me.

Edited by Mercman

Not trying to be nit-picky, but if you're using Hot Wheels size cars the scale would be closer to 1/64.

I'm only bringing that up because if you get HO scale (1/87) accessories they'll look too small.

These are 1/87th scale HO. They may look like 1/64th but there not. Also the track dimension's were scaled down to 1/87th or darn close. I know that your not being nit-picky, and I appreciate your comment.

Not trying to be nit-picky, but if you're using Hot Wheels size cars the scale would be closer to 1/64.

I'm only bringing that up because if you get HO scale (1/87) accessories they'll look too small.

Lookin good Junior. Is Danny Schatz working that Cat? Hope they get more cars to race, cause no one want to pay to watch 10 cars

in a feature. Your doing a great job. When I get down to Fargo this winter for a break I will give you a call and actually see the

work in progress. FARMER

Ummmm...."nevermind" :P

They just looked like Hot Wheels sized cars, but if they're not...well...they're not!

Mark upon reflection, yes you were right, the one crawler is a little lager then HO, my apologies to you.

Lookin good Junior. Is Danny Schatz working that Cat? Hope they get more cars to race, cause no one want to pay to watch 10 cars

in a feature. Your doing a great job. When I get down to Fargo this winter for a break I will give you a call and actually see the

work in progress. FARMER

Wayne I look forward to it. Yeah there will be more cars, these are just the ones I have done. I paln on holding a event like the K&J Kruise from a few years ago. I'll send you details later. Looking forward to that steak, and beverage.

This is really cool. I want to build a small diorama of the local race track here in 1/24th I won't be able to do the entire race track but I am thinking about doing the front stretch and turns 3 and 4. Keep us updated on your tracks developments.

This is really cool. I want to build a small diorama of the local race track here in 1/24th I won't be able to do the entire race track but I am thinking about doing the front stretch and turns 3 and 4. Keep us updated on your tracks developments.

Robert that would be a big project. The front straight away on this one is 40 inches. Here's one I did back in the 70's. It was 24 inches.

Ouch.jpg

This one is 30x30, and was done a couple of years ago.

P1010338.jpg

Both are 1/24th.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates?

Track plans got put on hold. Had some sewer work done in the basement, and the shop looked like WW 3 hit. Took me a month to get everything reorganized. Did finish another racer for it though. Been busy with projects for clients, commisioned model builds, so haven't done to much lately. Will get back to it soon though, and I'll update as it progresses.

Robert that would be a big project. The front straight away on this one is 40 inches. Here's one I did back in the 70's. It was 24 inches.

Ouch.jpg

This one is 30x30, and was done a couple of years ago.

P1010338.jpg

Both are 1/24th.

Just saw those. they are great. Very good inspiration.

• 6 months later...

Nice progress on this. If you hover your mouse over the picture in PhotoBucket, a window comes up. Then move your mouse to the bottom line of type entitled "IMG Code." Click on the white field of type and it should now read "Copied." You may need to click twice. Paste this into your thread here on the forum where you want the image to show up and whallah, you've done it.

CF2.jpg

Edited by gasser59

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...