Model Cars Magazine Forum

Homie Diorama

Hollywood Jim

OK, since I’m doing a circus parade down main street I’ll need a circus wagon. So I searched for some ideas.

bn2-vi.jpg

bn1-vi.jpg

I needed to make a flat bed circus wagon for the cannon. I have this kit that has missing parts so I used the tender coal car.

bn3-vi.jpg

I added some toy wheels and some wood filigree from Christmas decorations and came up with this.

bo-vi.jpg

Since I will be shooting Choco out of a cannon I’ll need something to catch Choco.

Maybe a net?

No, a net would be too big to carry down the street in the parade.

I need something different. So here is the story line I came up with.

Pete Choco left his home and joined the circus.

When the human cannonball got hurt, they got Joe to fill in.

But Joe kept missing the target, until they found a target he never missed; an easy chair with a beer and a TV remote.

When the circus came back to the hood, all of Pete’s Homie friends came out to see him.

bp-vi.jpg

bq-vi.jpg

It’s hard to believe, but this project is finished. Having decided to simplify the design made it a much easier build.

I think I accomplished the challenge, which was to use Choco the Homie in a diorama. I don’t consider this a serious diorama, it's purely fun and games.

Here is how it will be laid out for display. The figures will be facing away from the viewer as they watch their homie friend being shot out of a cannon.

W1-vi.jpg

I think the cannon shot helps explain why his pants are falling down. ( NOTE: After looking at my pictures, I think my final layout will have a little less smoke from the cannon)

W2-vi.jpg

W4-vi.jpg

W6-vi.jpg

These buckets are for the fire truck.

W7-vi.jpg

W8-vi.jpg

W9-vi.jpg

THANK YOU FOR HANGING WITH ME ON THIS ONE..............

W1-vi.jpg

• 2 months later...