Model Cars Magazine Forum

1923 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey guys. A few more items added to finish this one off. Now its really done. Here's some final pictures of the last updates.

I made a horn and added it under the overhang of the living quarters.

2v2uitRjMxAhY3V.jpg

Some interior items were added including a wet-look towel over the edge of the sink and a smoking pipe...

Pipe1_zpsa5be3551.jpg

Made a rolled-up newspaper and put it in the rafters along with the whiskey bottle...

2v2uitSShxAhY3V.jpg

Made a derby hat and for some texture, I sprayed it with automotive undercoating from a distance and added a fabric hatband. Its hanging next to the door. also put in a window sill of matching interior wood.

2v2uitSrnxAhY3V.jpg

This was alot of fun and I may make another early circus-type vehicle as a companion to this one.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by gasser59

What I really love about this, in addition to the marvelous conception and execution, is the plausibility. Yes, the details are extremely well wrought; colors, patina, texture, technique...all masterfully done, but it wouldn't have the same impact but for the believability. That shows some thoughtful planning. It's like a story rendered in three dimensions.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thank you for the thoughtful words Johann. I really appreciate you posting that.

Well, yesterday the carney wagon took first place in the Light Commercial category at Desert Scale Classic right up the road from me as well as taking Best Interior. I was speechless and quite humbled.