Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Kit You Build More Than Once?

Revell's Willys drag coupe , Revell's 32 Fords-any of em , Revell's 69 Novas , Revell's 49 Merc , Hey...there's a theme going on here!!! ?? :D

I'll vouch for all of the aforementioned kits !

Don't hold your breath waiting for the promotion check to show up though , you'll end up turning blue and hitting the deck first ! Lmao !

There are a lot of kits that I like. One I have built a lot of, or used the parts out of is the AMT '67 Chevy Impala SS427

Whether it was built out of the box...

2008_02162008mamafebmeeting0041.jpg

Had a resin body exchanged to it...

2005_11231967CapriceEstate0006.jpg

2008_11211964Valiant0002.jpg

2008_02162008mamafebmeeting0038.jpg

The Chassis, Floorboard and driveline are in these two, which started out as pristine, unbuilt kits.

2006_0531porkchopone0016.jpg

2006_0531porkchopone0020.jpg

This AMT '67 body has been modified into a '68. I have to finish it one of these days, once I decide on the color combination, and wheels.

JoHans Mercedes Benz kits, AMT 53 Studebaker, AMT 58 Chevy, AMT 40 Fords, IMC 48 Ford, IMC Mark IV and J car, AMT and Revell 57 Chevys. None of those live in my collection now as they were built when I was a teen or younger. Can't forget those Renwal 66 Revival kits, too. I am amassing them now to build again.

I'll vouch for all of the aforementioned kits !

Don't hold your breath waiting for the promotion check to show up though , you'll end up turning blue and hitting the deck first ! Lmao !

Dang, now you tell me!!! Gee, thanks Donn!!! LOL!!!!! :D

29 Ford from amt offers great choices of

engines, frames and bodies (the LHS

sells these on clearance for $14.99)

32 Ford series from revell have been fun to work with,

have doubled-up boxes of the coupe to save shelf space.

37 Ford coupe and sedans also by revell have great suspension and frame detail-

good platform for other projects, and,

there's a group of 40 amt and 41 willys kits here on the shelf.

All those kits and so little _______.

As a kid I didn't duplicate build very much.I can think of a couple of AMT '40 Fords and '66 Mercurys but little else.As an adult(OK,a kid in an adult's body) I've managed to accrue multiples of several kits (few of which are built yet)-the Revell/ Monogram '55-56-57 Chevys and '49 Mercury, several versions of the Peugeot 206 rally car from Tamiya and Heller(some built) and I'm sure several more that currently escape my sieve-like brain but on quick thought the most I have of one one type of model is the Porsche 956/962 with about 13 of them.I have MANY more Ferraris but they run the gamut of many different model types.