Model Cars Magazine Forum

new guy here

goldengate man

I never could understand why a person would take a perfectly good model and weather it up to look like a piece of forgotten junk, however you have done a real good job of doing it.

That is what's so nice about modeling and this forum, you build to satisfy yourself.

Good job as far as I'm concerned.

There is just something that kind of gets to a person about seeing these once mighty race cars rusting away. When new they were somebody's "pride". Then they were turned into racecars, and people cheered for them, and then they get tucked away and abandoned into a junkyard to quietly just rust way. You did a nice job on these dioramas.

Guest Johnny

Wish I would have had a camera at a car show about 7 years ago.

A guy had a beautiful 57 Chevey model in a dio, well actually several.

The first was a brand new turquoise and white 57 2dr hdt with a young couple by it.

The next was a faded weathered 57 missing some trim and hubcap with an old couple and he was handing the keys to a teenage boy!

Next was a primer spotted 57 with a tunnel rammed big block, 4 speed jacked up to clear the wide tires out back! Greasy looking kid under the hood!

Then there it was again sans engine and wheels gutted by a fire sitting in a pile of rusty auto parts. Looking on a couple guys in coveralls.

The last 57 was the burned out wreck of a 57 that had now been resurected into a sharp looking street stock sitting in the pits at the local dirt track!

It was amazing to see the transformation!cool.gif