Model Cars Magazine Forum

Zero cost mixing pads

Foxer

This is so simple and no cost I'm almost embarrassed to show it! I cut strips of coated cardboard boxes into strips I use to mix epoxy, glue and body putty. It should be from a cardboard packaging box that is coated with the product images and text ... all those things you but and order online that go right into the trash after opening. The coated side keeps the glue or material from being absorbed into the cardboard. How simple or cheap can you get?

I just had to cut some new ones this morning and here's a shot with the used one that's now headed to the trash can.

mixingpadDSC_0948.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use 1/4 X 4 X 6 Glass sheet, I have 4 of them, clean up with a single edge razor blade. The edges were rounded when I found them, I've had them so long I don't remember where they came from. Don't remember buying them so they must have been cheap!

• 2 weeks later...

my mixing pads are old sales catalogs or magazines and cut a strip so one of the 3 staples in the magazine is holding the strips together, use one then flip it over and can use the back or use another one. good use for all the old magazines or sales catalogs.

Edited by opie_7afe