Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

Thanks Andy and Randy for the comments. Yes, I've got a poker in the works but hadn't thought of a ash bucket. Might be a bit tight in there since I didn't leave room for one.

Have been busy and am really making some great progress. The finish line is now in sight. I got the roof painted, dull coated and installed. Its held on with tiny brass brads. Once the roof was done, I could then move onto making the stove pipe and Horizontal piece that goes through the wall. I wanted it to just miss the roof so it would come off easy and have clearance. After the installation of the stove, the wood box could go in. I decided to put the axe behind the wood pile and lean it in the corner. Spent a bit of time trying to figure out what to use to make a lantern for outside the back door and found just the right metal pieces. I used a piece of clear sprue tapered on my Dremel for the globe. Researched some vintage RB / B & B circus posters and sized them to fit for the rest of the interior and the exterior. Am now working on the bedding and am happy with the results so far. Still need to make a blanket and am looking for the right material in color and courseness.

Here's a couple of shots taken outside in the sun. I wouldl have taken more but it was too hot and humid during the hot part of the day so I'll get a few more tonight.

DriversSide.jpg

PassSide.jpg

Thanks again for your interest and following along.

Interior5-1.jpg

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback, it keeps me going. I have the bad habit of not finishing my builds. I get about 90% or so and put it away and move onto the next build. Anyway, this one will get dome. I've a few more surprises up my sleeve so please continue to follow along.

Well, I didn't get outside and take any new pictures so I'll get that done in the next few days.

Stay tuned...

Ha!! I don't think I'll be building the entire circus but that would be a fun project especially one depicting 1923 time frame.

I took a quick pic of the boots once they were painted before they were glued in under the bed. The lighting isn't the best though. I didn't notice when I set up the shot that a hair was in the shot but it gives you an idea of scale.

Boots.jpg

More to come...

Edited by gasser59

A few progress photos to share with you guys although they were not taken outdoors. After work, I had grandson duty last night. Too fun.

Some new items include year correct license plate, bedding, candle holder to the right of the sink, blue bowl which will get some fruit, full coffee cup, grab handle outside the entry door, both door handles and second outdoor step.

Holy smokes, I need to dust. :)

InteriorShot.jpg

Bedding.jpg

ThruDoor-Bed.jpg

ThruDoor-Stove.jpg

Thanks for your interest and comments welcomed.

Edited by gasser59