Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

Thanks for the kind words guys. A bit of an update for you fellas. Got the rolled up tarps assembled and attached to the roof rack. I also added a chain on the passenger side of the cab but it still needs weathering. The actual hook was carved from a rivet shaft. Taillights are made, just need to make some red lenses for them. And I built a step and painted it the color of the truck. At this point, the exterior is mostly complete with the exception of some weathering and the lenses. I may make a couple of wooden storage boxes to go on each running board towards the rear fender. I'm also redoing one of the exterior posters because its too pixelated.

A couple of shots to share.

Chain-Tarps.jpg

Rear2.jpg

Thanks for your interest and input.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks Wesley, Jim, Bryan, Andy and Dan. Some more bench time in and a few more details have been completed. Made a wooden box for the running board, just need to decide which side to put it on. Made a shovel out of printing plate with a balsa wood handle. Weathered it and made a double hook for it on the driver's side. Also weathered the chain and its now attached for good.

Shovel.jpg

WeatheredChain.jpg

Hopefully, more updates later tonight.

Thanks James, Del, Virgil, Chris and David.

Well David, I don't have that problem. Mine's made from balsa wood. :)

I should really put on dual tires in the back and I've been considering this since I started this build. You may have just convinced me.

Borrowed the DW's fancy EOS camera and took a few close-ups and here's the radiator after weathering it a bit.

Radiator.jpg

I'll need to experiment with her camera some more.

I finished up the tail lights by finding some red lenses from the parts bin, added a few more items to the book shelf and am working on fabricating a soap dish and some fruit for the blue bowl. Pictures will be forthcoming. Please stay tuned.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate your feedback and input.

A couple of shots of the finished taillights. My camera is giving me fits later because its not wanting to focus in macro mode. I can get it to work properly once in a while. Maybe time for a new one although this one has served me so well.

TailLights2.jpg

TailLights1.jpg

Five items on my to-do/complete list so this one is close to being wrapped up. Thanks for continued interest.

A few more interior items added, most obvious is the guitar. Also added are soap dish, fruit bowl and full coffee cup. Still need to add something on top of the bed. Made an open book but just doesn't make my socks roll up and down.

Guitar.jpg

Interior is just about complete. Oh, one thing I didn't post a pic of is the whiskey bottle in the rafters.

Thanks for following along on this fun journey.