Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vette Agin...Update 11-18

BKcustoms

I've started another Corvette project, this time it's the Revell "Vette Agin" kit. so far I've Z'd the frame, added aluminum wheels, rear 4 link suspension, Mustang II style front suspension, and I'm working on a twin turbo LS7 and airbag suspension for it. The color will be HOK Sunrise Pearl with gunmetal trim.

101_3180_zps2c272cca.jpg

101_3183_zps09157fe1.jpg

101_3174_zpse66f0395.jpg

101_3175_zps56b2a846.jpg

101_3184_zpsc700f0cd.jpg

101_3177_zpsf13bece7.jpg

thanks for looking, all input is welcome!

Billy

Edited by BKcustoms

Thanks guys! I'm working on the floor right now, I should have an update. in the morning.

Tom, I've wondered the same thing. I personally think it's a great kit.

Mike, the front suspension is AMT Phantom Vickie control arms with scratchbuilt spindles made out of aluminum tubing and the rear suspension is aluminum tubing with dirtmodeler rod ends and brackets.

This kit has peaked my interest a time or two. The only slight change I think I'd make to the bodywork would be to lose the side pipes. To my eye they have always looked like an afterthought, albeit a well blended and executed afterthought, losing them would tighten up and smooth the flow of the lower body. Doing so might make routing an exhaust system somewhat of a pain in the end it might be worth the work to the eye, bring the retro-mod look a little ,ore up to date.

Impressed with what you are doing with this build, looks great in the weeds with a pro-touring stance.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your feedback. The side pipes will be staying but I have an idea that will make them look a lot better.

Johann, the engine I'm using is from the Revell 2010 Camaro kit (which is actually an L99) but all the LS engines are pretty much iidentical on the outside so I'm calling it an LS7. This engine can also be found in the 2002 Camaro kit with a manual transmission and in the C6 and Z06 kits with a rear mounted transaxle.

Beautiful work and very nice stance. I'd love to know more about the detail and bracketry for the rear suspension and the the front suspension mountings work. Very nice fabrication! Do you have any more pictures, especially of the rear area. I'm unfamiliar with "dirtmodeler" parts(?).

Edited by Bernard Kron