Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lakester

ronr

Thanks for the comments guys. It is a resin replica of the Kart that came with the AMT `63 ford pickup. This one came from Norm at Replicas & Miniatures 0f Maryland. Ian, The engines are replicas of the Mcculloch 9 that was made in `63. It was 6.05 cu.in. First Shiny build for me in a long time thanks to Dr. Cranky. He has me hooked on rust and gunk, LOL.

Thanks for the comments guys. It is a resin replica of the Kart that came with the AMT `63 ford pickup. This one came from Norm at Replicas & Miniatures 0f Maryland. Ian, The engines are replicas of the Mcculloch 9 that was made in `63. It was 6.05 cu.in. First Shiny build for me in a long time thanks to Dr. Cranky. He has me hooked on rust and gunk, LOL.

nothing wrong with rust and gunk lol i think this car is to cool .i was waiting for it to grow legs. :D

Paul, The trailer is from the new Revell Midget kit. This was a very enjoyable build. Broke my building block.

John, I have a resin `66 ford pick up I`m thinking about building to tow it.

Edited by ronr

ron, thats a great build of that reps and mins of maryland resin kit. i did one myself; very similar, yellow like yours.

but then i saw that trailer and when you mentioned it was from the midget kits, i just went YEAH and monkey see monkee do...had to go pirate one from one of my midget kits. i notice something though that i just noticed on your trailer: you added diamond plate at the very rear of it to cover that big open spot that the midgets fit over but the kart doesnt...i made a floorboard of plastic to look like planks of wood for mine.

great idea and thanks for sharing. that kart is really great looking! i take it you made the exhaust pipe? they look better aligned than they did when you used the kit pieces:

kartinshellnocanopytt4.gif

nicereardetailfg6.gif

Edited by jbwelda

Thanks for the compliments guys. I used a soild pc of tread plate on the trailer and the Exhaust are 1/6 alum. tubing. The Carbs are a pc of alum tubeing with a #5 braided line fitting slid over it. Good looking Kart William. As for Paddleboat speed , that would be a pretty quick paddle boat. With twin 6.05 McCulloghs and the size of the tires , you would be looking at a top end speed of between 120-140 mph.