Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couple of recent die-casts

The70judgeman

I would have put this in the "What did you get today", but it probably would have been moved here. The first one is one that my wife found at a thrift store. From Auto World, a Dodge Challenger. It was limited to 5000 copies and then the dies were destroyed. Each package includes filings from the dies. And, the second model is a First Gear 1966 MACK R-600 mixer truck. It's actually modeled after a local(formally) redi-mix concrete company from Milwaukee, WI. I didn't remove it from the box yet as it went right into storage with the other First Gear MACK's that I have.

post-9116-0-84401000-1406944893_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-06952400-1406944924_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

@William- The filings are encapsulated in the circular plastic coin sized protector. Tried to highlight them with my computer screen behind the box.

@Harry- Each car is individually serialized too, but I don't know what the number is. I'm guessing it's printed on the bottom of the car. I'd check, but the package is still sealed and I don't want to break that at the moment.

yeah I hadn't looked that close when I posted above, and still I am amazed (and amused as were the copywriters for the box) at the concept. filings from the destroyed mold tool. cracks me up, but maybe I am just easily amused.

jb