Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Hudson Hornet --New Pictures On Page 3--

W-409

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Matti: Yes, I'd like to see a Hudson from your bench. I'm sure it would turn out fantastic.

Harry: I've always wanted to hear critique too. Positive comments are nice to hear, but critique is what makes me doing things different next time. :) The next build from my bench will possibly be a Drag Car, or Stock Car from '50s or '60s... I'm planning also to start the Fabulous Hudson Hornet Stock Car soon.

John: It's really worth buying. The boxart is already very nice, and once the box is opened, all of the parts are really nice quality, especially the chrome parts are great. Instructions are the best I have seen, too.

Thanks Guys for the positive comments!

Maybe my daughter has gotten me to watch the movie cars too much, but I just want to say "Doc, is that you?!" :)

Yeah, when I saw the Movie, that Doc Hudson was one of the nicest cars in it. :D

tumblr_lsxgk2AkCn1qhtv3po1_400.jpg

That's beautiful build Niko! I want to build one "Lead Sled" style.

I'm definitely not a "rivot counter", but I gotta say, if it represents a "Factory Stock" car, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have a clear coat. Clear coats weren't used on production cars in the 50's. Possibly the very high dollar cars but not general public cars. I hope you don't mind my saying :rolleyes:

Edited by Marty "Hatchet"

Thanks Marty! ;)

I'm planning to build one Custom version of this kit at some point in the future. Gasser would be nice to build too, to match '60s Gasser Rules.

And thanks for the information about the clear coat! :)

I can't get the rest of my text in here, somehow it won't post it. The rest is on the next post.

Edited by W-409

The reason why I always clear coat, is that it makes it much easier to get that correct shine to the paint job. It makes Polishing easier, too. And since Hornets were shiny from the factory, I think it's not too critical mistake. :) Do you guys see if the model is clear coated or not? :blink:

I know I can't :D .

Edited by W-409

The reason why I always clear coat, is that it makes it much easier to get that correct shine to the paint job. It makes Polishing easier, too. And since Hornets were shiny from the factory, I think it's not too critical mistake. :) Do you guys see if the model is clear coated or not? :blink:

I know I can't :D .

Hey Niko....no worries about the clear coat. It looks great...It's a model car and it's all about the enjoyment of the build anyway. That's why I love this hobby! It's 3D art!

However, once you categorize something as "Factory Stock", it then becomes and accuracy issue and lends itself to historical scrutiny. A subject of much debate. That is exactly why I never use the term "Factory Stock" and just call it a "Stock" build. That way no one can call out accuracy mistakes ;)

Guess I've been to too many contests over the years....

I do love this build though man!

Thanks guys for the excellent comments!

What Marty says, is true. Needs to say it is just Stock build. :P Thanks!

Bernard: Thanks! Next I will probably finish the '62 Impala in Drag Racing Models, or '64 Belvedere in NASCARS section, or......... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks like Fotki has lost the pictures on this one... :rolleyes:

Anyway I figured out how to take better pics on my models, and I decided to take some pictures of this one. Now while we are waiting for those Fotki pictures to return, here are some newer ones (If anyone is interested in these older builds anymore).

6debd90d-1547-48d8-9bb8-9c67e56838e1.jpg
27a84d1c-3d66-4796-b1d5-af756752591d.jpg
3b693823-2d70-4aab-9867-796dc9823842.jpg
7b781e91-9783-4046-a46c-de6f811c7eef.jpg
675b3b4d-2f14-46be-8937-f30d7d2b011a.jpg
2ec71542-e8cf-4b79-99a5-7ee34868398c.jpg
ea4e50d0-d9e7-460c-876f-44f3acb7b239.jpg

Thanks Dominik. The antenna was like that when I cut it apart from the parts tree. I wondered about its shape then, but since I saw no problems with the chrome plating on that spot where it's bent, I thought that it's maybe supposed to be like that. After looking from Google, it shouldn't. Gotta fix it. Thanks. :D