Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

hOLMS

Thanks for the comments, great motivation.

Few updates for different areas of the design, moving right...hope to make good progress on the next couple weeks. Last pic shows some of different stages of the build. Thanks for checking in!

101813-1_zpsf3a9cd5b.jpg

101813-2_zps3dc0f835.jpg

101813-3_zps6206ca03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

looking good, Jeff, lots of time involved in that body. I am more a traditional body guy, but can really appreciate the time and effort. it's going to be a wicked, wicked ride. any idea on color? obviously going carberation if you are using a scoop, would be neat blown, bright red or orange, white stripes....... just sayin.

Thanks for the comments, great motivation.

Few updates for different areas of the design, moving right...hope to make good progress on the next couple weeks. Last pic shows some of different stages of the build. Thanks for checking in!

101813-1_zpsf3a9cd5b.jpg

101813-2_zps3dc0f835.jpg

101813-3_zps6206ca03.jpg

How soon can I get one of these in resin? I had a 68 SS 396 I would love this one.

• 4 months later...

Hello all, been a while yet again, still having fun with this project. Couple updates been working on over past couple weeks.

• Front window cutout complete
  • fender flaring front and rear close to finished, they bulge out in fronts and curl under in rears for that aero look
  • side window cutouts evened out, made template from one side and matched other side
  • raised up rear quarters behind the rear meats, think it looks better that way
  • spent a full week off and on smoothing the inside of body, still a little more to go
  • working on a rear spoiler, machining my new wheels and adding the flaring around bottom of body to smooth out for that molded look

Also, I've started checking around for casting, hope that works out, i know nothing about resin. As always, thanks so much for looking and I will at least finish this body one day...hopefully! hOLMS

Untitled-1_zpsaa220731.jpg

POST3_zps377c7c30.jpg

POST4_zps6ed7dc36.jpg

POST2_zps13e4174b.jpg

Jeff... it ia great to see you back on this project. Man this thing is looking killer and I am loving it. I was jist thinking that you should talk to Greg Wann the master caster. He post here and is from Arizoa. His work is really nice too. Keep up the great work.

Just make sure you use a reliable caster, that's WAYYY too much work to risk to a sketchy caster. I've seen too many of them vanish over the years, and i'd hate for that master to vanish.

(p.s. my message following Mooneyzs was in no way intended to imply Greg Wann isn't a reliable caster, i just meant use a reliable caster in general)

Edited by DirtModeler