Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Karz, build off,

Gothic Kustomz

In the photos of my car I've been using a snap kit Viper chassis for mock up purposes. As of today that chassis is going to the way side. Viper GTS glue chassis has been acquired and will be going in as final build goes on. Viper chassis will also give better detail as well as the crank driven blower coming off that Viper V-10.

In the photos of my car I've been using a snap kit Viper chassis for mock up purposes. As of today that chassis is going to the way side. Viper GTS glue chassis has been acquired and will be going in as final build goes on. Viper chassis will also give better detail as well as the crank driven blower coming off that Viper V-10.

There was a kewl Chevy engine, called POVT, it had the blower running in front of the engine, off the crank, way kewl engine, for the rodderz.

I liked yhe way it looked, but really looking at it once it's painted, that's a lot of....just....body back there. I wanted to break up the expanse of the tail with some lines, so I changed the look a bit. You might like the new look!!???!!

Oh yeah I decided the 5 spoke wheels aren't going on. I found a set of Pantera wheels that I had. Hogged out the back of them to open the spokes up. I'm also going to close in the front wheel opening as it's a bit wide.

I also found out that the body on this was actually the 74 GTX (Shirley Mouldowney) funny car body. I talked to a friend of mine that started the red part of this car.

Hey guys,just checking in,you haven't lost me. I was hoping to have my kit before the weekend. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow,so I'll be joining in soon.Good work so far! Also, I was just thinking that it's pretty cool that the builds are all unrelated-totally different makes and models built in unrelated styles-should make for some interesting work!

Hey kewl beanz, Jantrix jumped in, looks like yer off to a good start there Jantrix, and thank ya for joining, now lets see some plastic flying bud.

Hey guys,just checking in,you haven't lost me. I was hoping to have my kit before the weekend. It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow,so I'll be joining in soon.Good work so far! Also, I was just thinking that it's pretty cool that the builds are all unrelated-totally different makes and models built in unrelated styles-should make for some interesting work!

Tha'ts what it's all about man, and it's looking good, that's why I kinda went with anything is allowed, I wanted to see different styles of kustom work, different styles of carz, I left wide open, I'm tired, of the old, "fords only" "these years" " Chevy this" course I did kinda leave it only kustomz, but, in the trade off, it's wide open, was hoping some would bring rods, wagons, maybe later someone will join thats doing those kinda carz, wanna thank every one who has entered.

Ok guys, here it is. I going to change out the front wheel well opening for a smaller one.

74 GTX (Mouldowney funny car), 70 Cuda nose, 74 Cuda funny car tail-front fenders-top of fenders, Viper chassis and interior tub and driveline, 59 Impala dash board. Pantera wheels.

The car will be a lot lower than this. This is just to show the wheels. It'll be almost on the ground when done...

IMG_1984_zps5758ef13.jpg

IMG_1985_zps39989421.jpg

IMG_1986_zps745680af.jpg

IMG_1987_zpsc7f42303.jpg

IMG_1988_zps0489b65f.jpg

IMG_1989_zps1b0c074f.jpg