Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 458 Italia? What's the Word

Nate

What's the word on the street regarding the new Revell 458 Italia kit? I haven't heard anything about its quality. Is it better than the Fujimi (or is it Aoshima?) kit. Does it suffer from the same stupid tire issues that have been plaguing some of the newer Revell offerings? Would it make a decent Box Stock type build, or does it not look sexy when completed?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone built the new Revell Ferrari 458 yet? I just picked up the kit after reading the review in November's MCM, and was impressed that everything was packaged separately in plastic bags. I also ordered the Hobby Design photoetch detail set, haven't gotten it yet. Looking forward to finally building something this year. If anyone has built it yet I would appreciate input or tips.

I built one of the revell 458 kits last year, not a bad kit, I just wish I did a better job on mine. I want to say the tires are not the right size for the car, but not 100% on that one, but I know someone on here knows if thats true or not, I want to say I read that on here somewhere

Edited by martinfan5

I built one of the revell 458 kits last year, not a bad kit, I just wish I did a better job on mine. I want to say the tires are not the right size for the car, but not 100% on that one, but I know someone on here knows if thats true or not, I want to say I read that on here somewhere

theyre not basic revell SUV tires