Model Cars Magazine Forum

dodge grand caravan

Spike

Cool looking Caravan, Spike. Love the paint. Can't imagine how it would drive with them little wheels, and sitting that low :unsure: , coz I got an '06 Caravan in 1:1 that I terrorize the neighborhood with :lol: . Where can I get me this kit? Love to build models of my 1:1s, and try different ideas in 1/25 before trying them on the 1:1.

oh yeah, is that roof rack in the right place? seems to me that the rack on my 1:1 is back farther, over the ribbed part of the roof.......

Edited by CB

thanks guy

CB- its a lindberg kit that i had gottin off someone from another forum. you might be able to order it from the lindberg site. as for the roof rack, its suposably in the right place, each corner of the roof rack has "pins" that go into holes that were already in the roof lol

Great Job with Caravan, reminds me of the '98 I helped a Buddy build in our Shop Class... His was a Purple Pearl that we shot over the Factory Burgundy Red... He too added pumps and dumps, along with the Mini 14" Triple Gold Daytons... It looked Cool, and hopped like a Rabid Bunny, but those Wheels caused it to eat through front & rear wheel bearings, and axle shafts like no tomorrow...

Actually, this kit is OOP. Ebay is about the only option. :lol:

It's supposed to be one of the kits Lindberg was going to release, so I would still check their site or your local hobby shop.... CB is right, the rack is back farther on the fullsizes, as there would be unwanted weight around the sunroof... As Spike said though, the location notches in the roof places the rack too far forward, one of the things I complained about when the kits were new, but atleast it was an odd-ball subject... Maisto released a diecast one around the sametime, it had opening front doors, and I believe it is still available/ easier to find... Size wise, it actually seemed like it was the same size as the Lindberg Plastic, instead of Maisto's usual 1/26,1/27th,or 1/28th scale diecasts...

thanks man. you wouldnt happen to have pics n vids of it would you? :lol:

NP Bro! You know I wish I did, but that was back when I was still in High School, aka Pre-Affordable Vid capable Cells.... I want to say that he did have a Myspace and Cardomain page that he posted pics & vids on, but for the life of me, I can't remember his full info.... His first name was Chevelle(yes he was named after the Chevrolet), so maybe if you google his name, and Dodge Caravan Lowrider or Hopper, you might find something....