Model Cars Magazine Forum

LITTLE RED WAGON "THE ORIGINAL WHEELSTANDER"

Missing in Action

Really cool. Was it yours?

Actually it belonged to my brother Barry who passed away in 2001.I put up 10 years ago and "forgot about it".So I'm it's "caretaker" now...I intend to pass it down to my son someday!!!Back in it's heyday it always drew a crowd just to watch it do a full "1/4 mile" on the scale dragstrip all the way up on the "wheelie wheels"...just like thr real truck!!! Alot of our racing friends tried to duplicate it with very little success...Because those huge rear tires was most of the trick(they are extremely hard to find,even now)!!! Thanks Roy

• 4 weeks later...

How untrue, I came across two places in Milwaukee, WI. One place has a 1/32 race track. The other place has 3 HO race tracks, 2 1/32 reace tracks and one drag racing track.

It really depends on where you are in the country. I have found that their are more commercial tracks in colder climates. Racing slot cars is a huge winter sport. The further south you go the less tracks are publicly available.

Edited by ra7c7er

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Roy.... Thats SWEET!!!! And its great to see you being a caretaker of it. I have my dads old models and am trying to restore them so they will be in the family for a long time to come. I came across a mid 60s GMC 2 ton road tractor body for that scale a few years ago in a box of stuff I found...pretty cool. :)