Model Cars Magazine Forum

About the upcoming convert. Hudson...

Jon Cole

Beautiful build and pics, Sean!

If this a final test shot? Just wondering, as the windshield pillars and vent frames on convertibles and hardtop Hudson are significantly different from the coupe. Not quite a deal-breaker, but it'd take some work to get it too look correct based on what we see here, which looks like a coupe with the roof cut off.

Gee, & all this time we've been told that there wasn't a difference, that they took the standard coupe body, & kinda shuffled it off the main line, where they removed the roof, & proceeded from there as if it hadn't missed a step.... Where were we (& that lonely coupe) led astray?

Gee, & all this time we've been told that there wasn't a difference, that they took the standard coupe body, & kinda shuffled it off the main line, where they removed the roof, & proceeded from there as if it hadn't missed a step.... Where were we (& that lonely coupe) led astray?

You know, that process actually pretty well describes how the 1:1 Hudson convertibles were made- they all started out as club Coupes.

Here's a sneak peak at the test shot I built and the photography I shot for the box art of the upcoming Moebius '52 Hudson Convertible. No release date yet, probably later this year.

52_hudson_convert2.jpg

WOW!!! That sure does look Great!!

Excellent looking Build..

Up top come with it too?

I'm getting at least 2 :)

Saving the rest for the Chrysler :D

Few more for the Chrysler Convertible? ;):D

As shown in the attached photo, convertibles and hardtops use a unique, plated, squared-off vent window frame that has a thinner profile than would result if the coupe door window frames.

I think when I build the kit I'll thin down and reshape the vent widow and windshield pillar and replace the "glass" with acetate or clear packaging plastic.

post-1305-0-55996300-1328022064_thumb.jp

Edited by John Goschke

Thats the one Ive been waiting for! A convertible is a great way to show the beautifully done interiors in these Hudson kits. Just wondering if the fender skirt location has been corrected though?

Raisin

I have read elsewhere on this board... as of the current (2nd) issue Stock Car, the fender skirt scribes has been corrected.

Please keep in mind this photo is blown up about 10 times actual scale. I think the model looks fine in person.

I think it looks fantastic as usual, Sean.

My library showed this angle and its not the build but the scale. I don't think even Moebius could mold it to scale and not have it broken in the boxing!

3454595970_be48f8b1e4.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG supporter of Moebius and how they operate their business...

but it would have been nice if those vent window frames had been separate, chrome plated pieces. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG supporter of Moebius and how they operate their business...

but it would have been nice if those vent window frames had been separate, chrome plated pieces. ;)

It would have been better if ALL of that huge hunky chrome, especially the side trim, had been separate chrome-plated pieces.