Model Cars Magazine Forum

I remember seeing a fleet of 4 door Broncos at Downey Ford (Downey , Ca) in 1987 .

They were a fleet order for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department's Paramount station . They were all black with white front doors and roof ; "Custom" trim ( vinyl seats , black rubber mats , etc. ) ; Certified speedometer ; dual Unity spotlights ; plain wheels with hubcaps .

I saw one in the junk yard in '92 or '93 :(

Yep , they aren't terribly common but they are around. They look so good I'm surprised Ford didn't actually bring them into full production.

93centurione1502.jpg

Ford built those in Mexico but not for US import due to EPA & safety regulations. Dodge also built a Ram in similar body configuration in Mexico.

Regarding the few that made it into the USA, such as the LASD and Coast Guard vehicles, it was once possible for government and law enforcement agencies to get waivers of EPA and/or highway safety regs for certain special purpose vehicles on a very limited basis. But, like any good things, those days have been governmented away forever.

B)

Ford built those in Mexico but not for US import due to EPA & safety regulations.

Info source for that? As Brian said, Centurion is the company which custom built and modified the Ford shown above (as well as Chevy and Dodge, too), essentially stretching them.

Dodge also built a Ram in similar body configuration in Mexico.

Kind of...There was a Mexican-market Ramcharger type vehicle built from '99-'01, but it was a two-door:

IxtapaMexico2008005.jpg

Info source for that? As Brian said, Centurion is the company which custom built and modified the Ford shown above (as well as Chevy and Dodge, too), essentially stretching them.

Kind of...There was a Mexican-market Ramcharger type vehicle built from '99-'01, but it was a two-door:

IxtapaMexico2008005.jpg

I called the question of how these models made ​​by Centurion, bronco?

• 2 months later...