Model Cars Magazine Forum

Frankenstein Lives!

Zoom Zoom

I think either orange stripe treatment would work for the back, I haven't really decided which one is my favorite yet- I like the amber in the taillamps. Don't the European market Mustangs feature a similar lens?

I saw this build on your Fotki page early on, and thought it was a killer idea. Why pick which one of the new ponycars you want when you can have all three?

And Bob? The Aztek may have been 'provocative', but what about it's corporate sister, the Rendezvous? That one was (I think) even more, ah, provocative...

Thanks. The Rendezvous wasn't nearly as controversial (aka fugly) as the Aztek; it sold in decent numbers & was more of a US (& bargain priced) alternative to the Lexus RX300.

Thanks. The Rendezvous wasn't nearly as controversial (aka fugly) as the Aztek; it sold in decent numbers & was more of a US (& bargain priced) alternative to the Lexus RX300.

I guess that's just where you and I differ... I can actually stand the Aztek, but I think the Rendezvous is uglier than a Nazi medical experiment. My guess is it sold so well because the typical Buick customer's eyesight is in such horrid shape they couldn't see how disgusting it was! :o

I think a psychological exam would be in order... B)

Sheez, Harry, I could've told you that fifteen years ago!

Still, I must say it- seven of the ten voices in my head would rather look at a stray Aztek than, say, a parking lot full of silver and tan Tauruses.... :o Or would 'Tauri' be the plural for Taurus?

Anywho- there's my take!

Edited by Chuck Most

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like faux stuff at all, so on my 05 Mustang build, I'm omitting the faux gas cap from the rear panel and I made a tail panel insert out of the black piece of an old cd case. I made a shape out of index card paper, then transferred it to the cd case and cut it out. I used the black ribbed strip adjacent to the "spine" of the cd case, so when attached to the car, it has horizontal lines spanning the area between the taillights. It will be finished in flat black.

Out of your two solutions to the rear end treatment, I like the orange strip at the bottom between the turn signals better.

Great looking build!