Model Cars Magazine Forum

Allied Freightliner with Drom and Trailer

Well, Boys, I finally finished this thing.....There may be a little touchup to the trailer interior to be done, but it's mostly done.....I kinda wanna get started on something else, now.....Not that I'm bored with it, but I have a LOT of trucks to build.....If The Lord lets me live till I'm about 137, I think I'll get them all done..... :D Anyway, a few of you are familiar with this build, but for those who are not, I built this to "replicate" a truck that I see every day on my way to work......With a few added touches of my own, of course.....

I gotta say.....Jerry's decals http://modeltruckin.com are the best I've ever seen.....Real high quality stuff, Boys.....Need some more of those.....

Other than those, I stretched the frame, made my own fuel tanks, tool boxes/APU, and used jewels from HL for marker lights.....Some double diamond plate was added to the wheel wells and front portion of the trailer.....It just seemed like the thing to do.....

I hope you boys enjoy it as much as I had fun building it.....

SAM_50681024x466_zpsce5d3da0.jpg

SAM_50731024x768_zps780d9346.jpg

SAM_50781024x606_zps7f0298c1.jpg

SAM_50801024x768_zps2412f9f8.jpg

SAM_50851024x768_zpsfd9af981.jpg

Here it is with the fleet.....

SAM_50891024x445_zps102826e8.jpg

SAM_50971024x443_zps1db66c64.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

It will, actually, luster like that either way.....With or without primer.....Sprayed the trailer with it right over the orange.....Not like other paints, as it coats very well, and best applied in one coat.....Excellent stuff....

Edited by kilrathy10